Chapter 31

As the weeks went by, I woke up every morning to banging as usual for Lauren's and I room, and Lauren sprinting to the bathroom to go vomit.

On the first of December, Lauren and I went to the doctors like the doctor told us to do. They gave Lauren the usual check up and gave us tips about parenting and he also gave Lauren some tricks about eating and sleeping.

"Here you ladies go. There's four ultra sound pictures of the baby. Any questions before you leave?" He asked standing up from his chair.

"Yes. Um, when can we find out, what's the sex of the baby?" I asked.

"We shall check in maybe two or three months. The baby hasn't really developed yet" I nodded with a smile looking over at Lauren, who looked at the ultra sound admiringly. "Any more questions?"

"Can I have sex?" Lauren blurted out which made me feel really uncomfortable. The doctor chuckled lightly before nodding.

"Of course, that is if you plan to have the baby normally" we nodded. "Then its fine. You won't hurt the baby"

*

"We're making spaghetti for dinner. Is that ok?" Demi asked as she poked her head to the living room's entrance from the kitchen.

"That's fine" I mumbled pulling out the back part of a frame I had just bought before getting home. Lauren decided to go make copies of the baby's ultra sound, and hand them around to our friends and family. So, I decided to put one in a frame to hang in our room when its done.

Demi watched me intently and walked over to sit by me on the couch. She grabbed a picture and smiled running her fingers around it.

"I'm gonna be an aunt" she said in disbelief. Demi and I haven't really talked much since she told me about the rooms. She still thinks I'm doing a huge mistake by being with Lauren.

"And I'm gonna be a mom" I half smiled looking at the picture as well.

"I always thought you'd be the one having the baby" she looked up from the picture towards me with a smile.

"Me too, but you know, life doesn't always go the way you plan." I mumbled thinking about everything that happened this year. "Demi?" She smiled lightly. "There's something I have to tell you?" She nodded taking my hand when she notice my voice change to a worried tone.

"What is it?" She asked concerned but her smile still lingered on her lips.

A week before coming home from El Paso, Evan gave me some really horrible news. This news took me so unexpected, that I had to stay another week and spend as much time with my brother as possible. The news was, he was diagnose with Cancer a few months after my mom had died. He thought it was to soon to tell me, but now, his days are very limited.

"Dani, tell me whats wrong?" She asked more concerning moving closer to me. Before I can tell her what happened, I cried releasing a horrible sob. "Hey, come here" she picked me up and sat me on her lap.

"Its Evan" I cried.

"What about him?" I was scared to tell Demi. For one thing, they are pretty close. Best friends. So, for me to tell her that her best friend was dying was horrible. "Dani?"

"Evan..." I wiped my face breathing in slowly before I could get a panic attack. "A few months before my mom died, Evan went to the doctor cause he wasn't feeling to well, and he woke up with unexplainable marks on his body. Turns out they found cancer." I broke down once again and cried on my sisters shoulder.

"B-but h-how?" I looked up to see my sisters brown eyes. They seemed lost. I don't blame her. "How could this be? He's really healthy though?" Demi began to silently burying her face in my shoulder. I sat beside her and hugged her tightly.