12.

Dedicated to PinkMoon17!

|12|

Alexa

Bored, I looked down at the context below me. I love literature but the woman speaking in front of me made me dislike it. I stared at Mrs. Trooper as she continued to explain the current scene we were reading.

Sighing, I looked at the boy sitting next to me, who looked just as bored as me.

After crumbling a piece of paper into a ball, I threw it at him to catch his attention. I might get rid of my boredom by talking to him.

The ball of paper landed on his lap and he looked over at the source of that ball aka me.

James opened the ball then looked at me questioningly. He showed me the blank, crumbled page, his eyes asking questions from me.

I smiled slightly at him. "Want to talk?" I asked. He sat on the desk beside my one so it wasn't really hard to talk and not get caught by the teacher.

He smiled back before nodding his head, yes.

"So, what do you want to talk about, yo?" He asked me to which I shrugged back. What should I talk about with my crush's best friend? How I have a crush that wouldn't go away on his best friend? Or how I think he should stop adding 'yo' in every sentence he speaks? Or maybe I should tell him to make another move after the dare date on my best friend, who might I add has had a huge crush on him since he called her 'cupcake'?

Yep, the most latter one is the most sensible.

"So, I was wondering-"

"What are you guys talking about?" Drew whispered from behind, interrupting the beginning of my conversation with James.

"Nothing since you very nicely decided to interfere." I said, a little annoyed at the interruption. Being my crush doesn't give him the exception to make it difficult for me to help my best friend.

"Sorry." He apologized grinning very broadly. He should at least pretend to be sorry when he says it.

I visibly sighed, thinking about the sincerity he had shown to me on Friday when he thought that Dave was about to kill me. I miss that Drew. Plus, he looks much hotter when he's sincere.

"Come on, I said sorry." He apologized again, much more sincerely. I think he took my silence for anger.

I smiled at the thought. He cares about me. He fudging cares about me! I did a crazy mental dance as I think about it.

I was about to turn around to show him my really, really broad smile and tell him I was never offended when a cold voice echoed around the room.

"Mr. Drew, please sit properly." She said, glaring at Drew.

I turned around and got startled when I saw him leaning on his desk and it looked like a mermaid posing on a rock. He quickly sat back the normal way as the whole class turned to stare at him.

"Sorry." He muttered quietly.

I think it was the first time he had apologized to Mrs. Trooper and not argued back that made her turn again to explanation with a satisfied look on her face.

I turned around, after making sure that Mrs. Trooper's attention was diverted elsewhere.

"Are you okay?" I asked, concern lacing my voice.

"Yeah, just sad that I won't be able to hear your beautiful voice." He grinned causing me to roll my eyes.

So cheesy.