1.

|1|

Alexa groaned as the warning bell rang, five minutes were left before lunch ended. She quickly stuffed the book she was reading in her bag and headed to leave the library. The library was always empty in lunch except for Alexa and the librarian. Everyone spent the lunch break in the cafeteria, even the nerds.

It was Franklin's system, everyone sat divided in their groups. They sat together in groups in different tables like the populars, the nerds, the outcasts, etc. None of the groups ever got along with each other. Alexa was a little bit of everything so she never got along with a specific group. Even her best friend, Alicia, was with the nerds. She insisted on spending lunch with Alexa but Alexa didn't want her bounded to be with her, she could have as many friends other than her.

Alexa took out her schedule as she headed towards her locker. The next period was Literature with Mrs. Trooper. Alexa had her in junior year and they despised each other. It was like Alexa was Harry Potter while Mrs. Trooper was Snape. Born Enemies. Alexa increased her speed, Mrs. Trooper was always looking for excuses to give Alexa detention last year. This year wasn't going to be any different.

Some students were scrambling to their lockers, most of them gossiping while walking to their lockers. Alexa did not slow down as she thought how dreadful this year was going to be with Mrs. Trooper when suddenly she walked into a wall and her glasses slid off her face. She mentally cursed herself as she bent low to pick her glasses. She hated being so clumsy, she swore that one day she was going to walk off an aeroplane and won't even know what happened. Still low on the ground, she wore her glasses and her sight felt on black converses.
Walls don't wear shoes so this one.... She looked at the face of the owner of the converses as she slowly stood up. Green eyes glared at her hazel ones and suddenly, realization dawned upon her.
She had collided into the popular and handsome bad boy, the star quarterback and not to forget her crush, Drew Anderson.

"Please! Don't start rambling about how super duper Super girl was! I know! You don't have to remind me!" He shook his head, still glaring at her and walked past her as Alexa gaped at him.
What had she done? And didn't he like Super girl?

Alexa shook her head to clear it off and headed to her locker to retrieve her books. Super girl. The top gossip on the first day of school. Everyone sort of adored her for saving the school's respect but why didn't Drew like her? Wasn't he the one who she saved? Alicia had told her all about the party as she had read about it on facebook. Weren't you supposed to like the person who helped you? That boy had some really big issues.

~

Alexa looked up from her copy of 'Romeo and Juliet' to the boys who had just calmly entered the classroom exactly eleven minutes late. All the formal introductions had finished and Mrs. Trooper had just finished writing 'Romeo and Juliet' on the blackboard.

"You two!!" She screamed at Drew and James, who remained unaffected by her scolding. "Late on the first day?!"

"Geez! Thanks for informing us." Drew coolly said, shifting his bag from one arm to the other. Most of the girls gave a dreamy sigh as they saw the commotion.

"Mr. Anderson! I have tolerated enough of you last year! You don't talk back to a teacher! I won't tolerate any of your nonsense this year! Understand?" She yelled at Drew, her face red from anger.
"Answer me!!" She yelled louder than ever when she didn't get a response from him.

"But you told me not to talk back to a teacher." Drew said innocently and Alexa witnessed majority of the females in the class swooning over him.

Laughter was also heard from every corner of the room, James was also laughing while Drew just grinned. Alexa couldn't help but smile. Mrs. Trooper was getting humiliated by a student, what else did Alexa want? Everyone in the room was having a good laugh except for Mrs. Trooper who was looking so furious and angry that it looked like she was about to blow up.