7.

|7|

Alexa quietly entered her parents bedroom. She peaked a glance outside the room's door to make sure her brothers weren't anywhere near it. She felt instant relief when she didn't see them. She closed the door, careful not to make any sound.

She didn't worry about her father walking in on her because he had left earlier today. There was some kind of emergency in the hospital he worked in so Alexa saw this as the perfect opportunity to commit the deed.

She wiped her sweaty hands against her t-shirt. I'm not stealing, I'm just borrowing without any one knowing. She kept telling herself to calm herself down but it wasn't helping. She kept sweating and felt dread.

She made her way towards the closet and slowly opened it. She glanced sideways then started looking for the box her mother had once told her about. Her brothers and father knew of it's existence but not it's residence. Her mother trusted her with the object even though Alexa didn't know how to use it.

Alexa had never imagined that she would need it someday. She thought as she started going through the stuff in the closet. But with the recent events going on and her using it accidentally earlier in the week, she decided that she really needed it.

Alexa frustratingly ran her hands through her hair when she couldn't find the box where it was kept. She was sure that her mother had told her it was in this closet but where was it?

Did her father throw it away unconsciously? Horrific thoughts started running through her mind. She started searching again, this time not caring whether the clothes were properly kept or not.

Again, she couldn't find anything. She started feeling furious and angry. Where was it? She looked over at the clock in her father's room and despair filled her. 1) It was time to get ready for school 2) She had missed a great opportunity.

Hastily, she fixed all the clothes then left the room without any trace that she had been here.

~

"So, you didn't tell me any details about the tuition class. Did you make any progress?" Alicia playfully nudged Alexa as they headed out from the girl's changing room.

"Well, nothing great happened." Alexa sadly sighed as she replied.

"What? It was such a good opportunity!" Alicia came to a halt and started scolding Alexa.

"Wait!!" Alexa exclaimed excitedly causing Alicia to shut up and look at her with anticipation.

"Tell me then. What are you waiting for?"

Alexa lightly blushed then started ranting. "He called me 'babygirl'. Like you in all those cliche novels, the hero says stuff like 'babydoll' and the girl isn't flattered by it, well, I pretended to, that counts and then-" Alexa stopped as Alicia raised her hand with a very uninterested look.
"Girl, you've got it all wrong. He calls almost every girl 'babygirl'. All you need to do is be a cutie and have a booty. You'd know that if you'd come to the cafeteria."

"Then what? I sit next to the dustbin?" Alexa retorted. She felt a lot disappointed. She was hoping that the 'babygirl' would be a sign for some kind of likeness but she could never have been more wrong.

"You can sit next to my group?" Alicia asked hopefully.

"No. They would never accept me. Hell, the outcasts won't even accept me." Then she thought for a moment then muttered. "Why do they even call them outcasts? They should be called random kids. Wow, our school is so stereotypical."

"Tell me about it." Alicia muttered back.

"I'm better off at the library only."

"Yeah, because all you worry is nobody accepts you except for the books and the librarian."