Night KIll

We sang loudly and danced as much as we could in the seats of Koda's car. Friday night zoomed
to us quickly and we were almost to the movies. We had spent the day shopping and getting our hair and nails done. Despite my mothers wished I got a layers while Koda just went a shade darker. As we spent our day we talked about what movie we would see. Koda was predictable. Horror movies were her favorite and I knew she would not settle for anything less.

 I did not even argue with her, instead recommended we see Night Kill. The name was very cliché for a horror movie but got ranked scariest in the U.S. so we bought tickets. We walked in the theater to the scanner where Koda scanned her phone to show we had tickets. We walked away when the green arrow hit and went straight to the concession booth. 

 "Okay, we have twenty minutes until the movie starts. We will get the snacks and go sit at the tables but then we have to rush to the theater to get good seats!" Koda rambled as she picked up boxes of snacks and put them on the counter. I laughed as she ordered two large popcorns and two large drinks. Considering how tiny she was, I'm sure the clerk thought she was crazy. I walked away while she paid, sitting at our usual table. She joined behind me and plopped down dropping all the candy and food on the table.

 "Girl, he looked at me like I was crazy buying all this so I had to explain some was for you but I'm not sure if he believed me but its.." Her words cut off, her face was blank with expression.

 "Koda? Kooodaaa?" I waved my hand in front of her face but her gaze never broke. "What is it?" I asked her smiling turning to see where her eyes landed. It didn't take long to figure there was a tall figure behind me. I looked into the blue eyes that seemed to have Koda lost. 

"Mr. Blake, what are you doing here?" I asked in a serious tone. Never in a million years would I have guessed Mr.Blake would go to the movies, but here he is.

 "Came to watch Night Kill. It's suppose to be scary so I decided to try it. What about you two?" He asked looking between Koda and myself. I looked back towards her to see her still staring at my boss. 

"Koda!" I snapped her from her thoughts and it made her look at me.

 "Yeah?" She asked confused.

 "We are here to watch the same thing. It's like fifteen minutes till the movie. Want to sit down?" I asked him and he thought for a second. 

"I don't see why not." He said taking a seat next to me.

 "Koda this is," I stared at him as if asking him what to call him, " Dean. Dean, this is Koda." I introduced them and the shook hands. 

"I assume you already knew that." He told her with his winning smirk which caused her to blush. 

"Yeah, I did. But it's nice to meet you." She said letting go of his hand.

 "What's going on at the firm?" I asked him and he looked at me.

 "Renovations. You'll be back at work Monday morning so don't worry." He said taking a sip of the drink he had brought with him

. "Yeah I know that. What kind?" I said in a duh tone. 

"Find out like the rest of us on Monday. I have not even see it yet." He stated popping popcorn into his mouth.

 "But it's your firm!" I told him while crossing my arms.

 "No, it's my dads firm. There is a slight difference." He said with a 'matter of fact' tone. I threw my hands up in defense.

 "Excuse me." I said putting some popcorn in my mouth and Koda let out a laugh. 

"You guys are funny together." She laughed even more. 

"You should see us at the office." Dean said looking into my eyes. I stared back and felt myself wondering around on his eyes. They were so inviting and warm that I could have stared at him forever. I did look over at Koda when I saw her phone pointed towards me. There I saw he leaned on the table looking bored with her phone in her hand.

 "She's playing a game. Probably the one where she pops pandas. She does that a lot." I looked back at Dean and told him.

 "She pops pandas?" He asked worried and she quickly spoke.

 "Only to save them, duh." She returned to her phone and left Dean with a smile. "Oh, we are gonna be late. Two mintues!" Koda said jumping from the table and pulling her phone in her back pocket. We both stood up as well and I started grabbing some of the junk food she bought. I followed closely behind her as she walked to the theater and to my surprise,Dean followed behind me. We were the only ones in the theater and Koda chose the seats near the very top but to the left side. We sat in the seats no matter what movie we watched but I was sure Dean thought we were crazy not to choose the middle seats. Koda sat three from the wall and nodded her head for me to sit beside her leaving Dean sitting between me and a wall. As I say I glared at her while she smiled. I knew what she was doing. I gave her a smile anyway, putting my phone in the cup holder and watched as Dean sat down.

Only a few more people came into the theater but no one sat near us. Our town was not really big on horror films so our theater rarely showed them. The lights dimmed and the movie began. How typical this movie was. I watched as each of the five friends were killed off. It got down to the usual two.

 "My bet is on the blonde girl." Dean leaned over and whispered to me. 

I smirked and loved my bet as well, "I bet is was not either of them." I Looked at him and he smiled. We turned to face the screen and watched the friends run in panic. I jumped when the masked appeared behind the brown headed girl and she saw him in the mirror. I rested my arm on the armrest as she ran through the house and I felt fingers interlock with mine. I looked at my hand and up at the owner of the hand. 

"Seriously?" I asked with a blank expression.

 "I'm scared." Koda said leaning into me.

 "Hey, I don't see you grabbing Dean's hand." She whispered and I pulled my hand away. I looked at Dean who was focused on the screen in front of us. I faced my head to the screen and my eyes stayed on his hand. I only looked away when I saw his face turns toward mine out of the corner of my eye. I felt Dean's fingers wrap around mine and I looked at him. He never looked away from the screen but a smile sat on his face. I wrapped my fingers with his. My eyes focused on the screen and any time a jump scare appeared I would squeeze his hand. We stayed like that until the lights came on and Koda stood up. 

"Oh my gosh, aweeeee!!" Koda let out a squeal cause me to stand up, releasing Dean's hand. I shot Koda a look and turned back to Dean. 

"I'll see you Monday, Mr. Blake." I said grabbing Koda's hand dragging her down the stairs. 

"Really? What the hell?" Koda asked pulling her hand away after we were in the parking lot. 

"He's my boss, Koda." I told her getting into her car and shutting the door. I took a deep breath and slowly exhaled. Koda got in after me and looked at me.

 "I know he is but he likes you. And you guys are totally cute together." She said winking at me gaining her an eye roll. 

"Just cut the radio on and drive." I told her buckling up. Koda did the same and cranked her car and put it in reverse. We drove past the entrance of the theater to see Dean leaving. I couldn't help but to look back at him causing us to make eye contact. When Mr.Blake was out of site I turned coward in my seat and watched the road a head of me.

----

I have a lot planned for these next few chapters and I'll also working on a couple other books❤️