Sleepover

It had been a week since summer had started and everyday I wake up and go with mom to the firm. I have colored everyday this week and almost finished the book that Mr. Blake had given me. Everyday is the same. Mom leaves around lunch with co workers and comes back an hour later. I sit in the chair outside Mr.Blake's door watching people come and go. Some are happy but most are upset. I learned through the Internet they usually deal with divorce cases and child custody. Every now and then they take on an injury case depending on what it is. Also learned that Mr.Blake's dad worked right above him on level 22 along with his mother and much older sister.
I colored the last bird on the page and looked the picture over once more. I did pretty damn good if you asked me. I flipped the page and much to my horror there were no other pages left to color. I looked at the clock and got wide eyes seeing mom had only been gone a little over five minutes. Checking my phone I hit the power button only to find out it had been dead.

 "Damn it" I cursed out loud. How could I be so stupid on not to charge it? 

"Such language for a tiny girl." I heard from the office door behind me. I snapped my head up and looked to see the door was cracked a little. 

"Uh sorry." I said to the door and turned back in my seat to face forward. I sat like that a couple minutes until I stood up. I grabbed my coloring book and walked into Mr. Blake's office. The door didn't creak when I opened it more so I walked in and took my hand off the door. I moved out of the way as the door swung it self shut slowly not making a sound. I tuned back to his desk and stood there waiting on him to notice me. It wasn't bad but when you are creepily standing in front of someone you don't know it seems like forever. I shifted my weight on my other leg and making my other leg pop which caused him to snap his head up to me. "Well, hey." I said as my hand remained behind my back holding my book.

 "Hello." He said putting his book on this desk and looking at me. I seemed to get lost as I stared in his blue eyes. Well I was lost until he cleared his throat. "Can I help you?" He asked me and I nodded my head. I walked closer and put the coloring book on his desk.

 "Here. I got you a present." I said backing up and I watched him. He flipped through all the pages and looked at me.

 "You colored every page in a week?" He asked and I nodded. "Now I'm bored and I have nothing to do." I told him and he nodded his head and it looked as if he was thinking.

 "Why don't you sort paper work for me?" He asked and I looked at him for a moment. 

"Sure, why not." I answered his question and sat in the comfy chair in front of his desk. " What I gotta do?" I looked at him and he nodded his head behind me which caused me to turn. There stood piles and piles of boxes that I couldn't believe I missed when I walked in.

 "Its cases I've worked. Just put them in order and then we can find someone else for you to do." He said with a smirk which made me smile. I walked over and saw the filing cabinet so I pulled the first drawer out to find it was empty and the same for the next three drawers.

 "What do you do in your free time?" I asked turning to Mr.Blake who was reading with a smirk on his face. He held up a law book never once taking his eyes off it.

Quickly an hour passed and I heard the group of coworkers that go out with my mom laughing. I heard her over everyone but as it got close I no longer heard her laugh. I continued to file the cases that were in the box when I heard her speak with a frantic voice. 

"Kelsey?! Kelsey?" She spoke rather loud and I looked up to the door about to speak. 

"Come here, Marlow." Mr. Blake spoke and my mom came into the room looking panicked.