"You created a new Marauderer's map?!" I hiss, disbelieving, watching the drawings spread, forming the neat outlines of the castle I knew so well. James hushes me and nods in confirmation. 

"Yes. Fred and I did, along with Roxanne. And a little help from one of the Lovegood twins- Lorcan, I think. Albus helped too- but, indirectly, as well as McGonagall and Flitwick. But that's beside the point- the fact is, yes this is the new generations map." I whistle. Quite a long list he has there. I don't even want to know how McGonagall and Flitwick helped. I just hope they didn't jinx  them or use veritaserum on them. Which, by the way, I'm sure they wouldn't mind doing. 

"Well the real point is that we need your help." he finally admits, cracking his knuckles.

I stop and hold my hand out as if to stop him. "Wait, let me see if I understand this, You manage to replicate ibe if the most complex magical objects I've ever seen- yet you can't manage to merely pass are your OWLs with ease?" I laugh to myself at the irony, recalling how pnicked James was two years ago, when he figured out the OWLs also included written exams.

James finds this completly out of context and waits unil I'm finished with an un-amused epression. "Red, I need you to do this. Haven't you noticed there is a crucial part missing?" before I manage to answer he continues urgently, "No people."

I glance down at the parchment, realising he is right; there are no footsteps with name tags wandering around.

"And you expect me to find a solution?" I ask, chewing on my nails again. 

James nods uneasily. I know he doesn't like asking for big favour like this, because he doesn't like owing people. The concept bothers him, even though he's like my brother and he doesn't owe me anything. "I s'ppose you'll be lik a Marauderer then. SInce you helped make the map. Your code name will be... 'Red, the Smart Unicorn'" he announces, spreading his hands draatically. I smile and poke around the new map curiously. It is rather magical. Obviously. 

"My codename is Pang. No- Hoof. Panghoof." he muses, pacing in front of the fire thoughtfuully. I giggle at the frivoulous ideas, not daring to comment on how ridiculous they are. "You see, they are a mix between Padfoot and Prongs. Sort of. And moose maybe, because thats my patronus."

"So the 'codenames' will be based on our patronuses?" I ask, pulling out my wand to try out a spell I read in an old library book. James stopped and bit his lip thoughtfully.

"Yes, that is exactley what I meant." I rolled my eyes and told him to keep still so I could try the spell. "Ostendere viame incantatem" I mutter, recalling the words, which, from what I rember, meant something about followig their paths in latin. 

I touched the tip of my wand onto the parchment and watched closely, looking for the Gryffindor common rooms tower.  To my surprise, there James was, standing still in the common room. He started walking towads me to see if it worked and so did the footprints on the page.  

The only problem was I would have to charm every single person in the shool to manage to see what all of them were doing and where. I sighed and folded the map. 

"Awesome!" James muttered, sittin down again, as I stood up, the map under my arm. 

"Okay SO I'll help you. But I have to keep the map with me." I told him. James eyes widedned and he bit his lip thoughtfully. 

"But no one can see it. And- well me and Fred were thinking of makin some additions-" he started, counting reasons off his fingers of why  couldn't keep it. I could feel my temper rising- it was late, I wanted to sleep and I told him I would help him. Isn't that enough?