Chapter 26: Food for Thought

"Anything?" The mysterious voice asks again.
"Well almost anything." You hesitantly  respond back. "Who are you?" You ask out in to the open.
"I think you know who I am." A skinny man wearing a green cloak with golden pads and a long horned helmet that was a bit dented and scuffed up.
"Loki?" You ask still not sure if the person you were looking at was Loki or a clown because god that helmet was so tacky.
"Yes. I am THE Loki." He confirms but it doesn't help his helmet situation.
"And what does the trickster master want with me? A simple hero in training." You ask extra sarcastically.
"Well a simpleton hero in training like you should be able to answer a few simple questions. Am I right?" He asks smirking.
"For what? What knowledge do I have that could help you beat the Avengers and help rule Earth or what ever other evil plans you have?" You continue to question him. "And why target me? Obviously I can tell by now you were the one who got me lost. It makes no sense for the Avengers not to find me since they probably have a tracker of some kind on me but of course they haven't found me, why? What the hell did you do?"
"Ah-ah-ah" He says wagging his finger. "I am the one asking questions. You haven't even answered my first question. Come on answer." He said the last bit like you were a puppy needing a push up the stairs. It irritated you but you decided to keep avoiding his line of questioning a different way.
"Ok I'll answer but please take off that helmet." Attack his ego.
"What's wrong with my helmet?" He says as he reaches a hand to grab it.
"Nothing much except it looks busted and dirty which a master like yourself shouldn't be wearing." He pulled off the helmet and realized the bumbs and scratches etched with in his helmet.
"Darn it. I hadn't fixed my helmet from my last encounter with them. Give me a moment to fix it."
"No problem. Take all the time-"
"Done." He said cutting you off. You look to the helmet and yes it was brighter and cleaner than ever; and did the horns get taller? But it was even more distracting than before.
"How about now? Does that look good enough to you?" He said pushing thw helmet further into your view almost blinding you with what little sun rays filtered through the trees and reflected off of it.
"No." You responded blatantly.
"No? Did I miss a spot??" He started fidgeting about the helmet trying to find a "bad" spot.
"Not unless the spot was your helmet, man does it look tacky." Another voice answered. The next thing you saw was a fist punching Loki's face and that helmet flying off to hope fully never be found again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Woot! Someone found you finally! Took only about 37 minutes but seriously if this next fight ends as it usually does with Loki running, what did he want with you and why? What evil could he be scheming? Find out in the next chapter.