Chapter Twenty-One: Gone

June laughed nervously. “Are you saying that my memories have been whipped by someone?” she asked as though it was ridiculous.

    “I could run some test on her, and-” Donny began, but I cut him off. “You are so not running test on her.” I argued.

    “No. I need to know.” June said, but the way she spoke seemed unsure, “Do you think you could help me?”

    Everyone was looking at Donny now, wondering what he was going to say. “I might be able to, but it’s going to take a while. You should go back to your house before dark.” Donny told her.

    No one objected, even though I had an urge for her to stay. “Okay.” she replied.

***

    “June?” I asked. The guys and Karai were with me this.

    Raph had objected, but he was overruled by Leo. “She’s earned our trust.” I remember him saying.

    I had some hints that Leo might have feelings for Karai, and it made me burn inside. I didn’t know why, and I wanted to know what had happened with the guys for them not to trust her.

    She was my sister. I had to trust her.

    I knocked on the door again, but there was no answer. “Maybe she’s at school.” Mikey suggested, and I wondered if that was an excuse to go to school.

    “Why would she do that? She wanted me to run some test on her, and I made a device that could do just what she wanted.” Donny told him.

    Mikey didn’t reply.

    Raph grunted. “I don’t have time for this.” he said, busting the door open. I narrowed my eyes.

    “Do you always have to do that?” I asked as we walked in, “I mean, what if a human was inside?”

    “Hey look Leo, someone’s talking like you.” Raph said, smiling. I gritted my teeth. “What does that mean?” I asked.

    “Nothing.” he replied. I wanted to slap the smirk off of him, but now wasn’t the time.

    The small apartment was pretty self explanatory. Small. There were only four small rooms: A living room that connected with a kitchen, narrow bath, and two rooms that could only hold a single bed and drawer.

    No one was home.

    I grunted in annoyance. For once, I wanted things to stay in place. “Where do you think she went?” Leo asked to no one in particular.

    On the table in the living room, I saw a piece of paper. When I turned it over and read it, I froze.

    If you are reading this, I’m not here anymore. They found me. Ellie, I finally understand why I couldn’t remember anything from the accident.

    I’m sorry, but there’s no other way. Don’t go looking for me. It’ll only make things complicated.

    And Ellie, take care of Yui. She’s the only thing I have left.

            -June

    “What do you think it means?” Leo asked to me. I shook my head after all of us had read the letter.

    “I don’t know.” I replied.

    Yui, her cat, was lying on the couch. “Do you think she ran away?” Mikey asked. I shook my head.

    “No. She said that they had found her. June isn’t exactly the best when it comes to defending herself.” Karai put in.

    “Yeah, but who would take her?” Donny asked. We all looked at each other for a moment.

    “No. Why would Shredder need June?” I questioned. The guys looked to each other as though saying something that wasn’t to be heard.

    Karai and I stood there, the two sisters, looking at each other with a confused look. 

    “You are his daughter.” Leo said nervously. “What does that suppose to mean?” I asked, my voice loud and angry.

    “He trusts you.” he replied. I placed my hands on my hips with a disapproving look on my face.

    “Just because I’m his daughter doesn’t mean I have his trust. If anyone, Karai had his trust until she beat the living daylight’s out him!” I yelled.

    There was silence for a moment. “She has a point.” Karai said, taking my side, “And even if she did, Shredder is the most dangerous thing out there. Are you seriously going to let Ellie out on her own with him?”

    What was that suppose to mean? I wasn’t weak. I could do something. Couldn’t I? But this was Shredder we were talking about.

    Karai was right.

    The guys thought for a moment to themselves. “Then what do we do?” Raph asked.

    I looked to Yui.

    “I don’t know.”