She grinned, giving her head a little shake. She'd put her hair up into two massive, fluffy buns on either side of her head, which resembled big bear ears. She was so cute, I had an overwhelming urge to reach across and squish her little face. Oh fuck, I thought to myself. I really am old.

'Dan told me they were cute too!' she squeaked. 'I almost lost it. I mean, ah, he called my hair cute!'

I laughed. 'He's got good taste. It's awesome.'

She nodded her head. 'Thanks. How'd your meet-and-greet go?'

'Yeah, good,' I said, shrugging. 'It went so fast. But good. It was so weird finally seeing them. It kind of sucked waiting without anyone for like an hour though.'

'I know right! So fast. And yeah, that did kind of suck.'

I frowned. 'Weren't you waiting with anyone?'

I swear she blushed a little, but it was hard to see in the limited light. 'No,' she said quietly. She picked at the edge of her skirt. 'None of my friends like Dan and Phil.'

'Omg same,' I gushed, then realised I'd said 'omg' out loud and nearly projected myself onto the nearest sharp object. 'We should have waited together!'

The girl smiled. 'Yeah, we should of! You're super nice. I'm Carrie, by the way.'

'Meg.'

The conversation had naturally reached it's end, but instead of becoming incredibly awkward, some good old Twenty One Pilots came on to fill the quiet. I sang along with Carrie, and before long, the music had shut off and all the lights had gone. Everyone screamed - it felt so surreal, all these people, but no faces.

I sat back in my chair as the show started.

After Dan and Phil had left the stage and the lights had switched back on, everyone was a mess. Carrie was sitting there in blind shock, grinning her little face off. The girl besides me was crying. I was just happy. Sad it was over, but happy that I'd gotten to see it. It had honestly been so amazing - better than I could have even imagined.

And now I get to meet Dan.

My heart sped up, anxiety chewing away at my insides. I was excited, but scared - sort of like when I was meeting them. At least I'd actually met him now. That would take some of the nerves away.

But not enough.

I looked down at my phone as I shuffled out with the rest of the crowd. Dan hadn't messaged me yet, which sent up a wave of anxiousness until I told myself I was being stupid because the show had literally just finished you utter moron.

Carrie was being picked up by her Mum outside, so with nothing to do, I waited with her so that she wouldn't out alone at night. I'm such a responsible adult, I thought to myself as Carrie gushed that I didn't have to wait.

'It's all good,' I laughed. 'I've got to wait for someone anyway.'

So we talked for five or so minutes about life and school/uni. Carrie mentioned that she wasn't looking forward to going to school on Monday because of the girls who'd sometimes pick on her. I suddenly got very protective.

'Well hey, if you ever need someone to come beat up a bunch of little bitches for you, you know where to find me.'

Carrie giggled. 'Thanks. Actually, I don't! Do you have Twitter or something?'

I blushed, realising I only had my fan account (or Phan account, if you like). I gave it to her anyway, and her eyes nearly popped out of her sockets.