Chapter 56

I dial my mom's number, waiting patiently for her to pick up.

"Hello baby" her soft voice tones from the other end, relaxing me instantly. The soothing tune of her voice and the slight french accent, remind me of how much I miss her.

"Hey mom," I answer, "How are you doing?"

"I'm great, things between Steve and I got better. He apologized for his behavior towards you and Taylor," I nod along her words. I knew that they would sort things out eventually.

"How is dad?"

"He is great, we invited him for Christmas," I smile proudly.

"I should have stayed there until Christmas, even though I would miss all the classes," I sigh.

"You sound upset," my mom states. "Tell me what happened,"

"I'm alright,"

"No you're not Cassie, what's wrong?" I huff and come clear. She would find out anyway.

"It's Taylor, she... we had an argument. I don't know where this is going, but I have a feeling, that she isn't really satisfied with me,"

"Every couple fights, it's going to get better," she comforts me.

"And then there is Jenna's wedding. Did I tell you, that she was going to get married?"

"With Kellan?"

"Yep,"

"That's a surprise. Congratulate them on my behalf,"

"I will," I still don't feel like I vented enough. The more I tell her, the better I feel, so I might just pour my heart out to her.

"Taylor still didn't come out to her parents, I don't know what to do anymore. All the time she tells me, that she is going to do it, but nothing happened yet,"

"Give her some time Cassie. I mean, it might not be that easy for her. Remember how you felt, when you came out to us? It's going to happened naturally, but she has to take her time. Only she knows when the right time is," I nod even though she can't see it.

"I know. I'm only scared, that she will dumb me before her parents get to know about us,"

"From what I've seen, she really likes you," I bite my lip.

"I thought so too. I guess she does," I hope. "I love her so much mom,"

"I believe you honey. Things are going to work out trust me," I feel relieved, after talking to her. We spend a half an hour talking about school and other stuff, before I hung up. It's about time, that I head inside the shower and wash my thoughts off.

Taylor's POV

Valerie places a cup of tea on my desk, while I am pacing in the room.

"Taylor," she says. "Relax,"

"No I can't. This isn't good, not good at all," I burry my head in my hands. "If I've only been smart enough to know,"

"It doesn't mean anything,"

"It does Valerie. This has been going through my head for days now. I can't even concentrate on important things, Cassie," I huff. "I need to call my lawyer," just when I'm about to grab the phone, Valerie puts her hand on mine.