Chapter 34

I silently lay on my bed, trying to go through the recent time.

"Cassie, what's wrong?"

"Isn't it weird that I already brought two guys behind bars, Xavier and Michael,"

"Well, maybe you should become a detective or something," she laughs.

"I don't know who to trust,"

"Of course. Me, Kellan, T-taylor... anyways,"

"I don't know. I trust you though," I get up.

"I'll go take a shower," I say before I leave.

Today is the day. Halloween and we are going to a party. I can't think about Michael, Xavier or Taylor. I need to move on already.

"So, we will get ready, then a friend is going to pick us up,"

"Which friend?"

"From my lecture. You don't know her,"

We take almost two hours to get ready. I put my hair in two big buns, which cover my ears. I look at Jenna who really transformed herself into Marilyn Monroe.

"You look terrific!"

"Thanks you too!" She says and jumps up and down, "Oh we have to take pictures,"

She hands me her phone and strikes poses.

"Okay I think we got to leave Jenna," I grab my Princess Leia blaster and walk out.

A white Mini Cooper is waiting for us at the parking lot and we get in.

"Hey April! Oh, that's my friend and roommate Cassie, Cassie that's April,"

"Hi," I greet her. She is dressed as Cher.

"Nice costume,"

"Thanks but that's not a costume," she replies with a deep voice and I irritatingly look at Jenna, who shrugs at me.

We finally reach the party, which is taking place in an old castle.

"Wow!" I gasp, "Who knew this party would be in a real castle?"

"I know right?" Jenna says. "Where is your pistol?"

"I think I forgot it in the car." Jenna rolls her eyes.

"A lot of people are in there," April tells.

"I can imagine," Jenna says and we get out. I link my arm with Jenna as we draw closer to the castle. So many cars are parked outside and a few people are located here, chatting and smoking. We stride inside and my heart begins to shake. Inside, it looks even scarier. It's nicely decorated and the castle gives it all a nice scary effect.

I look at the high ceiling, which is out of wood.

"Hey ladies, want a drink?" I look at a guy dressed as marine, who is holding up two glasses of drinks that look like blood.

"No thank you," I say. Luckily Jenna and April reject them.

"Sorry, I'm not thirsty," she winks at him and he blushes. Wow, looks like Jenna already found someone.

"He was so cute! I love it here already,"

"He could have been a murderer," Jenna rolls her eyes. "Look at the hot vamp girl,"

"And?" She raises her brows, "I'm not gay Jenna!"

"Yeah whatever," I roll my eyes.

"Hey my crush is there, I think I gotta go!" April informs us and disappears.