Chapter 48

Instead of going to my dorm, Taylor begs me to come over to her apartment. I can only imagine what the surprise is. She already gave me a little taste in Boston. Butterflies dance around in my stomach as she opens her apartment door. I want to see Jenna and go shopping with her since today is Black Friday, but this is pretty exciting.

"So?" I awkwardly say. She smirks at me and takes something out of a file that is laying on a desk. She holds up a photograph. I bluntly stare at it, very puzzled.

"And?" There is a handsome looking man on it, probably in his late twenties.

"That's Roman," She proudly looks at him.

"What is with him?"

"He is my new boyfriend," my eyes go very wide.

"What?!"

"My 'boyfriend' Cassie. We aren't actually dating,"

"But why are you calling him your boyfriend?"

"Because he is going to cover us. He is an actor. My parents still expect me to settle down with a man, so I thought, why not him?" I have to take a deep breath. Is she serious?

"You gotta be freaking kidding me!" Taylor rolls her eyes.

"What's the matter?"

"What's the matter you ask? Well this is! You wanna play pretend with a guy, just to hide me from your parents?"

"To hide us,"

"What is your problem with us?"

"Nothing. But you know how my parents are," Here we go again.

"Why can't you just talk to them like I did? You're not alone Taylor,"

"Cassie, my parents aren't as open minded as your parents are. It won't be easy for me!" She tosses the picture on the table.

"Of course I won't get a thank you from you,"

"Yeah, I am unthankful, I get that a lot," I spit at her.

"It's not always about me, maybe you always expect me to accept everything you give to me?"

"Like what?" She opens her arms.

"Like the closet. The private jet. The phone and other stuff,"

"Oh god Cassie, why are you bringing this up?"

"Because it fits in this argument." She pinches the bridge of her nose.

"Just drop it already,"

"You also want me to drop this?"

"No! This is for us!"

"You're doing this for your own selfish reasons! Not for me! You're just a chicken. A scared little girl, who thinks she can hide her 'problem' with a man who will pretend to be her boyfriend. This is stupid and pathetic," she aggressively shakes her head.

"Don't you get it? I am willing to do stupid and pathetic things because I love you Cassie!" Her voices is shaking. My head snatches up.

"Yes, you heard it. And I was so god damn scared of saying that. I love you Cassie. That's why I will do everything, just to keep you," I am speechless. My throat is dry. I just wanna kiss her now. I don't know what to say.

"If you really don't want it-"

"No. Taylor, if this is really something that will keep your parents from asking you the same questions and keep our relationship safe, then so be it," I put my hands on her cheeks and kiss her.