Chapter 37: Dear Brooklyn

I grasped onto the door handle. It felt like I was wrapping my hand over a block of ice. It was really cold!

It was night-time when I actually woke up. And as our rooms were close to the sea, you could really tell that cold was taking its toll on the area.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Click!

I pushed the heavy wooden door open and quickly walked (more like tiptoed) through it.

Phase one, completed.

Mizuki was sitting down on the ground whilst Nanami was fast asleep on the couch.

Phew.

I gave a huge sigh of relief and smiled. The Time Rotation Incense burner was burning. Everything was going according to plan.

Phase two, completed.

Nanami scrunched her nose and rolled onto her other side, shivering. It wasn't that cold in our hotel room. Is she shivering because of the dream she's having?

Probably.

I scanned the area for a blanket nearby, but I couldn't find any.

Since when do hotels not sell beds with blankets?

Without thinking, I took off my black kaftan and slowly walked up to Nanami. I then kneeled down and wrapped it around her shoulders and what do you know her shaking came to a cease.

"Better," I whispered to myself humbly, happy with my act.

I stood up and was about to go to my room when suddenly Mizuki grabbed onto my wrist.

Not only was that creepy, but his eyes were closed.

"Erm, hey Mizuki" I said casually "...you need anything?"

Mizuki shook his head.

I chuckled lightly and said, "Well, if you intend on breaking my arm then would you mind letting me go?"

He was silent. It was super creepy.

Mizuki didn't let go of my wrist, and instead started tightening his grip around it.

"OWWW!" I whisper-yelled. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, MIZUKI?"

It was like he was zoned-out. In another world. He wasn't answering to my cries of pain. He wasn't even looking at me. It was as if his ears were on mute or something.

I seriously didn't want to do this.

"I'm so sorry, Mizuki." I said genuinely.

I rotated my wrist towards Mizuki's thumb and swiftly pulled my wrist from his grasp. Did it hurt? Like a son of a bitch.

My hand grasped onto his wrist and I used my free hand to grab the back of his head and made his face look up to me.

Mizuki's eyes were still closed. What the hell was going on with him?

Mizuki smirked. "Now is that a way you greet an old friend?"

I raised an eyebrow.

He laughed (quite psychotically) and started to sway his head from left to right, right to left. "Ah, well then. This should be quicker than I thought it would be." He stopped swaying his head and tilted his head up slightly, eyes still closed. "It's ending soon, you know?"

Huh? "What's ending?"

Mizuki sighed and muttered under his breath, "Stupid girl."

"HEY! I'm not stupid!"