Chapter 25: "You Are Truly Ruthless."

~Photo of Brooklyn in dream~

Mizuki opened the incense burner which contained a strong, sweet smelling incense inside of it. Kinda smelt like cinnamon.

"What's that?" I questioned as I pointed at it.

"This, my lady, is a time-rotation incense burner," he said as he took the lid off, "now all you have to do is close your eyes and rest."

"And this will send me to the past? Amazing!" I blurted whilst I observed the incense burner's appearance and texture.

"Indeed, miss. Now, close your eyes and lay back and let the incense show you the past. The past of that coward."

I did what he said and couldn't help thinking if I was going to be in the same scene as Nanami in the book. If that was the case I knew what to do and knew where to hide.

However, some part of me does scare me that I will see something I don't want to be true, but if Tomoe knew where I came from and saw my old self then I would probably hide forever. As for him, he would most likely feel betrayed.

Should I feel betrayed? Betrayed that he didn't have the guts to tell me about his past.

If I was him I wouldn't want him to feel betrayed. I wouldn't want him to be upset.

I just want to let this story go on and the characters to get their happy endings because they are good people.

Is that too hard to ask?

~ • ~

"Wake her up!" Shouted a low, husky voice.

I could feel the cold rain against my raw skin. It was pouring because as I woke up I saw that my clothing was drenched, but the funny thing is I'm wearing clothes that don't even belong to me. Where am I?

My nails were still chewed, however had dirt stuck inside of them. My hair was now short and light brown. My emo fringe now has disappeared. Great. Now everyone can see my face.

My clothes were a short yellow kimono with black gladiator shoes. Why is my legs showing!? And why are my legs bleeding?

The hell?

SMACK!

I felt a sharp pain on the left side of my face, causing me to instinctively do the same back, but somebody grabbed my hand.

I looked up and was now face to face with an angry looking one-eyed yokai, coiling it's green, leather fingers around my small one.

"GAH!" I screamed loudly, falling back on a tree. I could now see four other yokai coming towards me, smiling and drooling.

This was not good.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT?" I shouted shakily. One of them were about to grab my arm when I quickly lit up my godly fire and hit one of them with it. My godly fire works here? My eyes widened with shock and shortly after that a smirk started to appear on my face.

The disgusting beast rose up and ran towards me, but I shielded myself with my red force-field. I gave a wicked laugh (something I didn't know I had in me...) and pressed my hand against the red dome making it shatter around me.