Chapter 1: Bookshops Are Indeed A Magical Place

I laid my head on the desk, staring at the clock and it's ticking yet very annoying hands.

Tick, tock.

Only one more minute and I'm out, but honestly I didn't want to go home. I hated my so called 'home'. I especially hated living with my aunt and her daughters who are the most popular, most idiotic, twin blonde bombshells in the goddamn school.

My aunt was a horrible woman. I compared her to a witch. Not only did she act like one, she looked like one. Aunt Lindsey thinks she's pretty, amazing, clever, blah, blah, blah. But the thing is... she sure as hell isn't. Aunt Lindsey only took me in because I have money.

Well technically my parents money, but because they passed away I was given a substantial amount of money. My parent's money. So when Lindsey found out that her 'beloved' brother died, she immediately pounced on to me and my money.

So when I become 18, she gets half of my money.

Selfish witch.

Sighing, I looked up at the board in front of me only to notice that a blue, beautiful butterfly was flying around. How did that butterfly get in?

RING!

Everybody started shuffling from their seats and making noise. I grabbed my books and shoved them into my backpack. My curiosity was getting the better of me now. Poor butterfly, I wonder how long it's been trapped in the building for?

I need to find that blue butterfly!

I watched as the blue butterfly flew swiftly from the classroom into the main corridor. I ran after the butterfly, just like a mindless, carefree child.

"Wait up, Mr-..."

And like the total klutz I am, I ran in to someone.

"I am so sorry, I-..."

"Shut your trap!" I slowly lifted my head up and looked up to where the voice was coming from, and of course, it was my snob of a cousin, Charlotte-Oh-I'm-So-Beautfiul-And-Amazing Michaels.

"And gosh, look where you're going, emo!"

I rolled my eyes, pushed her away from me and continued on walking. But somebody grabbed my arm and pushed me forcefully into the locker doors.

"Don't ignore her, you stupid cow!" Shrieked the familiar, whiny voice.

Jessica. Charlotte's twin sister. Snob number two.

I tried wriggling myself from her grip but the more I did the more forceful she became. "What you going to do, Brooke? Keep rolling-..."

"Don't call me Brooke," I hissed.

Jessica's grip tightened, and her facial expressions changed from being amused, to being both embarrassed and angry. A priceless face in my opinion.

"I-I think you have something to say to Charlotte!" Stuttered Jessica.

I raised my eyebrow. "What? I'm sorry I'm more likeable and smarter than you both combined? Yeah, no thanks!"

They all fake gasped and looked at each other. I smirked at them and said, "Oh wait, you're right! I should be sorry! You see, the thing is...I don't understand the language of idiots." I pushed them off me and continued on walking. Dumb blonde idiots.

"Wait until we get home, you jerk! Mom is so going to kill you!"

Oh boy, I can't wait.

The blue butterfly fluttered towards the girls toilets. "Perfect!" I whispered to myself. There's a window in there!