Chapter 19: I'm Getting Hitched With A Snake!

"Again, Brooke, thank you so much for helping me with cleaning this classroom," thanked Nanami, gratefully.

I grabbed the cloth and dunked it into the warm, soapy water, and started wiping down the desks.

"No problem, I mean, I am one hell of a cleaner," I said chuckling to my ironic reference.

"Where did you get that from?" Laughed Nanami, as she started moping the floor. I chuckled, lifting up my glasses and said, "Just a show I used to watch."

I did miss watching my old anime shows, I also missed checking my Tumblr to see what the weird website had in store for me. Just thinking about Tumblr, I wonder how many notifications I've got...

"AH! THERE'S A SNAKE! A SNAKE I TELL YOU! A SNAKE!" Shrieked a girly voice. Mine and Nanami's eyes instantly locked, and rushed out of the classroom.

There was a small crowd surrounded (I think) the snake. Me and Nanami squeezed through the crowd and when we finally were at the front, my face went pale.

It was the white snake. Mizuki.

"Stop hurting the poor guy!" I yelled, grabbing the broom from a guy who was cornering it.

"Don't you guys know that a white snake is a symbol of a familiar to a god, you guys are going to be punished," Nanami explained carefully.

Nanami started kneeling down towards him, but I snatched the snake up first. Maybe if I'm missing Tomoe can start to, I dunno, bond with her at least. If I'm out the picture, Nanami can start to at least.

Even though I am terrified of snakes, this guy was cute. His green, bold eyes made him stand out the most. I patted his little snake head, as he wrapped himself around my arm.

"Don't worry, little guy, ignore those horrible people, they don't know what they're doing."

Walking over to the outside of school, I crouched down and lay my arm on the ground and the snake slithered away.

"Don't lose your way home! What a cute snake," I smiled to myself.

"CUTE!? ARE YOU MAD!?" Yelled the girly voice again. But to my surprise, it wasn't a girl.

It was that stupid boy that keeps bullying Nanami. I stuck my tongue at him and rotated my head to Nanami.

Nanami rushed over to me and put out her hand, which I accepted gratefully. "Thanks, hobo-buddy!"

"Well what sort of buddy would I be?"

The irony, oh, I had to start laughing. I then started rolling down my sleeves, then I noticed there was something on my arm that I really didn't want to see on it.

It was a symbol.

A symbol that I'm getting hitched.

~ • ~

"We're back!" Announced Nanami as we stepped in to our shrine. I was shivering. Like the stupid person I am, I forgot to bring my coat.

"I-I n-need t-t-to s-s-see T-Tomoe," I stuttered as Onikiri and Kotetsu came towards us.

Kotetsu and Onikiri placed a blanket on my shoulders. "T-Thank y-you."

"If you're looking for Master Tomoe," Kotetsu started. "He is in the yard cutting his hair!" Finished Onikiri.

I nodded and walked outside into the yard. And what did I see the pig doing? Having his fricking hair cut by some yokai-panda women! Why is he flirting with them? I think I'm going to go on a killing spree in a minute.