Chapter 27: Battle Cry

Mulai dari awal

"Theodore and Jay stay here, see if anyone suspicious gets around or near the library compounds. Trevor and Harry I need you both to go to Merlyn's house and look for whatever you find related to the company called "Hoodlums". Don't leave any stone unturned." I bared out orders as I got into the car and motioned for Jason and David to do the same.

"We go to Mr. Chain and get some answers from him." Just as I was driving out of the parking lot, another car entered the compound. I recognised the driver to be Alpha Caleb.

"Follow the car, we have a lead." I muttered out, trying to mask my dislike for him.

The chains bungalow was a blue and white building with a small garden.
We didn't have to wait for Mr. Chain to open the door as he stood on the front porch.

"Did you contact her?" A constant nagging from my conscious refrained me from harming someone elder.
"Yes, it was difficult but, I know where she is."

"Does she know it's us who are looking for her?" He shook his head, his face mourned over the death of his respectable fatherhood.

I knew he had spoken of his late wife, a weak spot for Merlyn, and him too.
But desperate times call for desperate measures.

"The street fighters ally, that's where she is. I don't know anymore, Alpha." The man, a little over the age of forty, looked drained. Sorrow seeping through his reality.
"Thank you, Mr. Chain." I put a sympathetic hand over his shoulder but I knew it did nothing to cover his wounds.

We left soon after, knowing that there was no time to waste.
"Any one knows the location of the Street fighters Ally and how to get in too?" Trevor asked.

"I know someone who does."

Alpha Caleb had a distant look in his eyes, trying to mindlink a pack member.

"Let's go, it's the street behind the museum." He spoke in a hurry, seemingly to realise the importance of the situation.

I passed on the message to the others and started our journey to where I would find her.

It was already dark and I was working on autopilot. My emotions were pushed to a corner as I strived to just see her.

The ally didn't look like an easy walk, security was top notch.
A car parked beside ours as we got off, a few unknown faces came and spoke to Alpha Caleb.

"Hey, I'm Taylor. I'll get us in." One of them spoke, his face littered with piercing.

I saw him walk ahead of us as he spoke to a few people and motioned for us to pass them. The street was filled with shady people, the looks of fighting ring making me even more insecure of the state of Delphi.

We walked along the sides of a street when I got the scent of my mate.
"She is here." I stated, rushing in the direction of the scent.

I didn't turn to check if they followed me as I pushed through people.
I reached a metal door and tried pushing it open.

"Hey! Where do yo-" before an intruder could finish his sentence, Jason cracked his jaw with a deal breaking punch.

The door opened and I was met with a scene that left me a minute from a heart attack.

There sat Delphi, her hair out of the pony. Blood dripping from her pale face and all her limbs tied. The sight of her brought a wave of emotions. Seeing her alive made me want to scream but the state she rested in wrecked my brain.

But what startled me most were her closed eyes, awaiting infront of a pointed gun. She wasn't scared, she looked to have accepted her fate.
Not thinking for a second longer, I jumped towards the gun.

Though I pushed him, he had pulled the trigger.

Throwing him to a corner I zoomed into my mate, my heart beating a tattoo against its cage. His aim had thankfully missed by a hair as her eyes opened and stared back at me on disbelief.
I fell to my knees and pulled her to me.

"Sylvester." She whispered.

I hummed in reply, ignoring the war raging behind me, an incorrect decision by an Alpha.

"Sylvester, you have to open my binds, they will die." I was stunned at what followed her request. She was in no state to fight anyone.

"Don't argue, I'm the only one who can defeat him, please. They will draw attention." Her pleading pulled at my strings as I tore open her shackles.

I helped her stand as she rolled her shoulders, trying to regain her strength.

When I looked up, I saw what she was talking about. Their fighting strategy was brutal as they laid multiple wounds on the warriors, Alpha Caleb himself looked to be struggling with a one on one.

As I was analysing the battle field, Delphi left my side and joined the uproar.

Seeing that she held her ground, I went to her the others.

I saw Merlyn in the corner, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I only just wanted you." She said, her voice feigning innocence. Her words angered me further as I went all out and fought through them.

***********
Hate me, I wouldn't say much but that I'm sorry for the really late update after a major cliffhanger. Lot on my mind.
Anyhow, hope you liked it!
Comment
Vote
Love,
Rojesta💜