Chapter 13: Looking Up

What is pain? One thing I have realised is that it is relative. At that point in time I thought I was going through the worst thing in the world. My pain could have been nothing compared to someone else's but should that matter? To me it was eating me up on the inside, I found it hard to breathe.

Pain can be felt both physically and mentally. The pain felt when your hand is broken doesn't compare to the pain you feel when your heart is.

One can take multiple injuries to both the body and the mind. But there is a breaking point. A point wherein you don't know how you got there and you don't know how to get out. This often leads to frustration. How does one channelise the frustration?

By shifting the emotions to another subject or object. To do that one either has to take the hand offered to them or they have to pull themselves out.

When they can't do either they give up and induce pain. And then we reach at the same point all over again. The cycle continues until you get better or you get worse.

Depression is such a stage that if not removed, destroys a person completely. It requires effort from everyone that person knows and the person himself/herself. If not treated, it threatens to spread to everyone around the victim.

It's like quick sand, noone but a strong external force can pull you out. If it consumes you, you are a shell of a person.

A hospital is a supposed caring unit which helps get rid of this pain and suffering.
People go to the hospital for various things and at some joyous occasions to celebrate a new life too.

The familiar smell surrounded me as I pushed myself more into the seat cuddling my plastered hand into my stomach as much as possible. The pale green walls seemed to have absorbed the sufferings and cries of people over the year and were emitting negativity that made me want to cower. Occasional cries could be heard from where I was seated.

I pulled out my phone and dialed in my brothers' number wanting to inform someone of the current happenings.

The pervious day, after I had lost my temper and thought it better to break my wrist, I rushed to the hospital without telling anyone at home for obvious reasons. I spent the night at the hospital and hiding from my father who could've visited this hospital.

The doctor I got was thankfully new and couldn't connect the dots.

My wrist was partially broken and it had to be immediately plastered.

Noone must have noticed my absence because I hadn't received a call and it was half past eight in the morning. My back had started aching against the steel chairs and my neck had a cramp. A few nurses had asked me if anyone was coming to take me home but at that moment I didn't know what to say. And after, I didn't know where to go.

"Hello?" Scott's sleepy voice sounded on the phone as my ears perked hearing a familiar voice after a long night.

"Hi, Scott. Don't panic, everything is alright. And no-"

"Cut the crap, Del. What happened?" His was alert, from all the rustling I could hear, he was pacing. Well, at least I tried.

"Er you see, I'm in the hospital." I squeaked out.

"In the hospital?!" He roared back as I pulled the phone away from my ear.

"Yes, I had a little accident. Everything is al-"

"Which hospital?" He rushed.

"Stop interrupting me! Which hospital would I be in?" I asked sarcastically.

"The one dad works in. Now, tell me something. Where are our parents?" I questioned.

"Both of them are sleeping. Goodness, Delphi. I want to have a talk with you when you get home." He stated, his tone unhappy. I nibbled my lower lip anxiously. I was guilty for what had happened.