Chapter Twenty-One

There, standing in the doorway, was Billy. My brother. My friend. The one who I could count on back at the farm, except for Johnny and Tommy, I'll never forget about them. It had to be a dream. I blinked and shook my head. He was still there. He was real.

"Hobo, I had to find you. The day after you left, Doc got really worried," I said he walked over to me.

"Shhhh! They'll hear you, they don't believe animals can talk," I whispered to him as I  walked my brother over to my corner. "Continue."

"Well, Doc was really worried, so he called up his neighbor, you know the one that lives miles away," he explained to me. I could see he was struggling to hold in the tears of joy from being reunited with his brother. "After about two weeks, he gave up looking for you. But he brought in a lady cow. She says her name is Ruby. We are sort of together now. The pigs also gave off their offspring, but they only came off with one piglet. The farm decided to name him Gerald. Then we had a celebration."

So there was a Gerald on the farm.
::::::::::
Billy and I talked all day, about what was going on at the farm, and at the commercial center. I told him about what we do here, and about my friend Chris, and how he betrayed me. Billy told me about how that after I left, there wasn't much joy on the farm. I hadn't noticed this, but every time I did something really stupid near other cows, they laughed under their breath. Not at me, but with me.

That night Billy slept in my corner with me, and I had to make a separate bed for him out of the pillows people gave me.

As morning came, so did my tears.

"I have to go back Hobo, I just can't leave Ruby. She's pregnant with our son. I needed to find you. After you left, I could see the change on the farm. The animals would whisper under their breath about you. Saying, now courage so you were. When I get back, they'll probably be bombarding me with questions, where you are. You know Kevin, the guard dog? He said he spread the word. He told Doc's friend, and the guard dog there told other farms. You're famous Hobo, for doing something no other animal has done before. They are all realizing how much of an inspiration you were. They are realizing why you were different," Billy explained to me with tears in his eyes.

"G-go-goodbye, Bil-ly. I'll miss you." I hugged him like we did back on the farm.

This time, I had to let him go.
:::::::::::
So, this is my story. The cow who did. I became famous throughout the farming world. Every animal realized how they could make a difference, and that they weren't perfect. Billy and Ruby had a calf named Carlos. Gerald the pig lived to be seven years old,  and died of natural things. And I'm still here making commercials, until one day I decide to go somewhere else. Doc also bought some new animals, and I heard he even bought a llama. But, unfortunately, that is a story for another time.

I can come away with a lot of things, but one thing is for sure. Humans, animals, any living creature, is unaware of their capabilities. If everyone did what they are capable of, we would be living in a much different world.

Thank you so much for reading Hobo's Adventures. I had no idea this book would be so popular! Please check out my other account, 13174_United for more of Carlos, and the llama! I will be writing other books. Thank you for all your support in making this book a success on Wattped, or my version a success.😊