Chapter Fourteen

I slept in that corner of the "studio" for a few days before getting any real action. All I heard were men and women shouting orders to get scripts ready, and to make sure props were set. After about three days in my corner, the same men that drug me into it tried to pull me back out. And they were successful. I wanted to see what these people were going to have me do.

"We have to see what skill he has, before taking any good shots," said a man with brown, neatly combed hair. "Let's see if this company gave us a good cow."

I was not shipped in by any truck or company. What do these people think they are saying? I guess I'll just roll with it. Besides, I have no where else to go.

"Ok, let's see if this cow can understand English," shouted the same man.

I was about to say back, "I can totally understand!" But held back.

The man continued, "Ok, pose please!"

I did so. I pushed my hips out, I mooed, I even trotted around in a circle. All I could see was astonishment on the man's, and everybody for that matter, face.

From far off I heard, "Told you I wasn't crazy, Tim! This cow does understand English!" I think it was the same guy that awoke me the first morning I came here.

The man who had told me to pose just remarked, "Well, I guess he's already trained. Let's get on with the commercial then." Like nothing even happened.

That day I had to wear a sign, which I couldn't read, on my neck. Big lights and cameras shone on me, and people in red uniforms moved huge posters around the. A big sign also hung in the back of the room. I could just make it out. I believe it said, "Chick-fa-La" I had no idea what it meant, but whatever.