Chapter Ninteen

Everyone was so proud of Chris, they gave them high-fives and everything. Bertha even gave him flowers. I think she likes him. I told Chris she wasn't worth it.

That night, I gave Chris complements myself. "Good job, Chris," I told him as he turned off the lights.

"Yeah, I guess so," I solemnly replied.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Well, Kevin, my boss, well.....he promoted me to producer for the rest of the time we are producing commercials for this company. He said I have to choose by this Saturday if I want to be promoted. But, that means we won't be seeing each other, only on set. I won't be able to see you at night like this any more. Maybe, just maybe, only when we are filming. Sorry, but I just don't know what to do."

"Well, I have some great advice for you Chris," I told him, "Which one of us is more important?"

"Um, I guess-" he started, but I cut him off.

"Me? Good choice. Decision made. Wasn't that easy. That's how I solve my problems, all the time," I told him.

"You have a harder life, Hobo. Everything has come easy for me, you know I'm only twenty one."

"You know I'm only......uh.." I started counting.

Chris cut my train of thought, "I'll sleep on it, Hobo"

And that was the last I saw of for long time.