Chapter Two

I also have lots and lots of dreams. I dream about Billy, Johnny, and Tommy, but most of my dreams are about leaving the farm. My seven years of life at this farmhouse, otherwise known as a jailhouse, have not been pleasant.

I was born on the farm, and my first day went quite well. I remember I was accepted as an equal, but as the year progressed, they were beginning to see how different I was. They shunned me for being different, but seven years ago I didn't see that as a problem. But as I grew older, I realized being different was bad, very bad. Nobody would accept you for who you are, and that bothered me. What if I wanted to be different.

I dream about hoping the fence to that black pavement by the east side fence because I know I don't fit in. I don't belong with the other cows.

One day a few months ago, I was debating if it would actually be possible for me to leave the farm. Maybe while in the pasture, I could walk over to the east side fence, the grass is always tall there any ways, and push open the gate there. I found out awhile ago the gate is always unlocked.

One day while visiting Johnny and Tommy, I tripped over a rock, being so clumsy as I am, and fell into the gate. It slowly pushed open. Before, it looked to be shut and locked, but looks can be deceiving.

A month has past since I actually considered leaving. I think it's time I do so.