Lachlan X Reader

This is dedicated to
Maxineguerra
Sorry I'm really, really, really late.

Also trigger warning if you hate bullying and verbal abuse in this story.
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][

Running.

Running is the only thing on my mind now.

I should be enjoying this beautiful day in Brisbane with Lachlan but, I had to ditch him in order to run away from my bullies.

The same bullies who push me in the hallways and gossip about every little thing I do.
They even go as far as to call me a "waste of space".
Unlike some people who may say that highschool will be the best years of your life, I strongly disagree. High school for me is a living hell. Everyday that I wake up I just want to throw my self off my balcony window. Sadly my balcony is on a one story house.

I feel like a terrible friend for leaving Lachlan like that but, I couldn't let him see me break. The thing is I haven't exactly told him that I get picked on at school. No, picked on is putting it lightly. I get shoved into lockers, tripped in the hallways on the way to classes and they even go as far as to humiliate me at school functions.

One time in the eighth grade I liked this guy named Brandon so, I asked him to the Sadie Hawkins dance. He accepted the invitation only to make me look like an idiot in front of everyone else. I arrived at the gym in a beautiful white dress only to have Brandon dump grape punch all over me, and we all know grape juice doesn't come off white easily.

Let's just say I haven't gone to a social event since.

I'm now in my junior year of highschool and I still face the wrath of my social superiors. Luckily my freshman year I bumped into Lachlan. He was the reason I haven't completely lost my mind. His positivity and unique outlook on the world is what made me want to stay in it. Without him I'd be six feet under. This is mainly why I haven't told him. I couldn't bear losing my best friend. I couldn't have him knowing I'm some weak nobody who fights just to walk into her own school unharmed.
I won't allow that to happen.

Lying to Lachlan was the only way to ensure that our friendship stayed together.
I know it sounds wrong but it had to be this way.

Now as if my life weren't already a mess. I'm lost in some park in city I'm not familiar with.

I can hear their footsteps coming towards me. Too close for my liking.

I look around and all I can see are trees. No shelter or good hiding spots. Nothing. Not even people to cry for help to. The only thing I see are trees.
They say in times of need nature can always protect you. So I wasted no time in clambering up the nearest tree I could find.
To make matters worst I'm not the best climber ,or the best athlete. All the running I just did make my legs sore and my throat dry.
I was tired, sweaty, thirsty, irritable, and scared. Scared to be beaten for so much as just seizing the day with my best friend.

After what feels like hours I managed to climb to the top of the old tree. My body aches, I feel dehydrated, but worst of all my phones dead. I can't call for help or play Fornite to pass the time.

————-

I've been stuck in this tree for hours. I don't want to come down. I don't want to fight my way out. I don't want to leave my sanctuary. I'm afraid.
I'm afraid of getting hurt by my those girls.
I'm afraid of losing my best friend.
I'm afraid of coming down this tree only to break my arm, or crack my skull.
Who knows what can happen in the next thirty seconds?
I sure don't.

"Y/n?!"

"Lachlan!" "Thank god. One moment I was lost and now I'm found."

"Why the the hell are you in a tree?"
"More importantly why did you run away? Am I that bad of a person to be around?"

"No!! I just-"

"I was messing with you"
" I know why you ran away. We can talk about at my place, but first let's get you out of the tree."

"Thanks Lachy."
———
Talk about it we did. I told him everything. The pushing, the shoving, and the tripping. I even told him about all the words they said. I confided in him and he listened. He listened to my pain. He listened to my struggles. He heard just about everything I wanted him to hear.

The next week I went to school I didn't experience any problems. For the first time in my life I was free. Free to go anywhere. Free to do anything. Free to be myself. As luck would have it turns out I have Lachlan to thank for my new found freedom.
The day after I confessed Lachlan marched right up to my bullies and put an end to my struggles.
He demanded that they would never harm me or anyone for that matter ever again.

As Lady Luck would favor him again the leader in the clique of bullies happened to be in love with my best friend. Luck has a funny way of working.

She's in love with him ,yet he turned her down only to say he was in love with me.

Luck is surely on my side from now on.