Forty-One

Mark's POV:

I will admit, I felt like an asshole. I shouldn't have blown up on him like that....and...I deserved the heartache I was feeling right now.

Jack...was my one and only, and yet I kept fucking up.

Over,

and over,

and over.

I sighed and sat on the edge of my bed in the hotel room. 

I contemplated going back over and apologizing, but I figured that it would just make the situation I was in worse. yet again, I still had a promise to fill, even if he didn't want me to fulfill that promise now. 

I knew that the panel and the signing would be so awkward now for us both and at that moment as my head and heart raced and I ran my hands through my red hair, I knew that I had messed so badly this time. It felt so much different...was it a mistake? I mean, Felix wasn't gay, he was with Marzia....he is with Marzia, the ring was for her....

"Fuck!" I yelled and jumped up, I opened my hotel room door and nearly ran into someone on my way out.

"Whoa dude what's the rush?" Nate said looking at me with an eyebrow raised, I sighed and looked at him.

"I really need to go talk to Sean, I fucked up Nate I fucked up." He looked surprised that I actually called Jack by his real name, but he just nodded.

"I understand, but we will be leaving soon for the panels and signings and such, so I'd make it quick man."

I nodded, swallowing the lump in my throat and hold back the tears that were forming in my eyes, it seemed as though I had been crying a lot more lately. I started walking down the hallway when I heard Nate call my name, "Hey, Mark!" I turned back.

"Yeah?" I sniffed.

He gave me a small smile, "Good luck, I know things will work out between you two." 

I smiled and gulped, "Thanks Nate....I hope so." With that I turned back around and sprinted down the hallway.