The One Person I Hate More Than Tatiana

Start from the beginning

We enter the basement, and Harley looks around. There’s some couches in the corner with a TV, a kitchen, some video games, and a couple tables. The room is brightly colored for some wacky reason, and the fluffy carpet is pink. 

“Come on, Harley, you ready for some fun?” I start making racecar noises and drive myself over to the kitchen. My back’s turned from her so I can get what I need.

“But don’t I have to work?”

“Actually, you have a week before starting. Mitch’s orders; you need to try out the activities we have to offer around the island, and plus, you need to get use to the trails for being a tour guide. Some tour guides tour around the shops and stuff like that, while others do the hiking tours and trails. You usually switch every week.”

I grab some diet coke from the fridge, and mint Mentos I got from a shop yesterday. I turn around to see Harley watching me suspiciously. “Didn’t Gina say-”

“Gina says lots of things.” I cut her off easily. “Like how she thinks swans can turn navy  purple at 1 in the morning.”

“What?”

“Purple is royalty. Keep up, Harley.” I cluck my tongue at her. “Come on, let’s go back upstairs.”

She follows, still thinking about what I said before. “You’re really random, huh?”

“I was dropped a lot when I was a baby.” I shrug, hitting the lobby button. “What can I say?”

She actually laughs this time, her eyes sparkling. Huh, her eyes are really pretty when she smiles…The doors open and Harley’s just about to step out, but I yank her back in. “No, not yet. We can’t have Gina see us. I’ll take the lead from here, Co-pilot Harley.” I whisper in a hushed tone, then do a summer salt out of the elevator, humming the Mission Impossible theme song.

I hear a giggle behind me. “You’re insane.”

“That’s my name, don’t wear it out.”

I keep my eyes locked on the front desk, but move over to where the couches are. A man who’s reading a newspaper sits there, and I quickly take his paper out of his hands, covering my face with it. I hear a snort of laughter, coming from Harley, sounding like she can’t keep it in. 

“Dun, dun, DUN, DUN.” I do another summer salt, then crawl on the floor, Harley behind me. I then start using my hands to drag myself into the middle of the floor, using the newspaper to cover my head. “Okay, Agent Harley-”

“I thought I was Co-pilot Harley?”

“Same thing. We have gotten this far. We have five seconds to activate the bomb. Are you ready?” I use my most serious tone I can muster.

She nods, playing along. “I think I’m ready.”