Liar

"Crucio!"

I screamed as a thousand tiny knives began to pierce my insides, twisting and sinking into my flesh. I felt like I was on fire, I thought I was going to die. I had never experienced a greater pain in my seventeen years of life than what I was currently dealing with.

Then, suddenly, it stopped. I collapsed into a heap on the floor, whimpering and gasping for breath, the excruciating pain drifted into an irritating feeling like that of pins and needles.

"Stand up, Draco." came the cold, cruel voice that belonged to my torturer. Hesitantly and shaking I got to my feet, scared for what was sure to come next.

I was surprised to say the least when I got no further punishment.

"Well done, Draco." said Voldemort as casually as Voldemort could. "Most people would have passed out with that amount of pain. Perhaps you are not as weak as I had thought."

"Thank you, my Lord." I replied demurely, not wanting to get on his bad side. (Not that he had a good side if I'm being honest...)

"Now Draco. You are in the same year as Harry Potter at Hogwarts, are you not?" It was a rhetorical question so I just kept my eyes down at the floor wondering what was about to happen.

"Perhaps during your time at Hogwarts you have formed a friendship with Mr Potter, Draco?" That wasn't a question. That was a statement.

"Do you know where he is, Draco? He didn't go back to Hogwarts this year and neither did his two pathetic little followers. If you could lead me to him rest assured you will be rewarded greatly."

I gulped. Of course I knew where Harry was, after all I wrote to him every day, but I wasn't about to tell the guy who was out to kill him where that was, even if that meant that I died.

"No, master." I said. "I have no knowledge of Potter's whereabouts, nor have I talked to him unless it was to insult his parents or friends."

The Dark Lord's red, snake-like eyes narrowed into a poisonous glare. "You lie." he said dangerously calmly. Crap.

"You would dare to lie to me, Draco? Your master?" I stared fixedly at the ground hoping he'd kill me sooner rather than later.

"Legilimens!" I heard him yell. Well, it wasn't Avada Kedavra at least.

And then I felt it. A pushing inside my brain as though the blood vessels were swelling and bursting. I felt an intense headache building and pounding against my skull. All of a sudden I found myself watching memories of myself and Harry flash before my eyes.
~~
"Look, Draco. I know you hate me but I've needed to say this for so long. Please don't kill me but I really like you. As in like, like you. Do you maybe want to go and get a butterbeer with me sometime?"

"Guess what Potter. I really like you too. As in like, like you. So yeah, that butterbeer sounds good."
~~
"Oh Merlin, Blaise! Harry asked me out! He actually asked me out! What do I wear? What do I say? What if I mess up Blaise? What am I supposed to do?"

"Draco. Calm down. You're acting like a thirteen year old girl. It's embarrassing me."

"Right, sorry...wait! I am so not acting like a thirteen year old girl."

"You keep telling yourself that Draco."
~~
"I think I'm in love with you Harry. I've never felt this way before about anyone."

"I think I'm in love with you too. Malfoy."
~~
"And so, I'm going to have to go away for a bit because Voldemort will kill me if I stick around."

"I'll really miss you Harry. Don't forget how much I love you."

"I promise I won't. You can send me letters if you want, only I won't be able to reply because someone might find them. I'll be in the Forest of Dean for a while if you decide to abandon your family but I don't blame you if you stick around. I love you too Draco but I've got to go."

"Goodbye, Potter."

"See you around, Malfoy."
~~
The pounding in my head abruptly stopped and the blood vessels started to reduce to a normal size. I was hardly aware of my surroundings but I faintly heard someone saying, "Get the boy!" before my head hit the hard stone, floor.

"Draco! Draco! Please be okay!"

"Harry?" I asked, still feeling extremely confused and wondering where I was.

"It's me, Draco. It's Harry. I'm here, Draco. You're going to be okay."

"No, no, no." I groaned. "You're not supposed to be here. They're going to kill you if you stay."

He chuckled slightly, even though there was nothing remotely funny about the situation. "Why don't you have a little look around?" he said, though not unkindly.

I lifted my head up and looked at the room we were both in. My heart sank when I realised it was one of the cells in Malfoy Manor and I finally understood why Harry was here. I had let him be captured and now he was going to die.

I felt tears begin to slide down my face as I comprehended our fate. It was all my fault that Harry was here. I let the Dark Lord into my mind and now here we were.

"Don't cry. I hate seeing you upset." That only made me cry more. He should hate me right now. He should loathe me with every fibre of his being. He should be refusing to speak to me, let alone comfort me.

"It's all my fault!" I cried. "I'm the one who got you and Granger and Weasley captured."

"No, Draco. It's no one's fault but Voldemort's. Please don't ever think that any of this was because of you. It was out of your control."

"Where are Granger and Weasley?"

I was met with silence and instantly knew the answer. Neither of us spoke for a while.

"I'm-"

"Don't you dare say you're sorry." he interrupted. "There's nothing for you to be sorry for."

I let out a small sob and flung myself at him, attaching my lips to the ones I had ached for for so long. For a short, sweet, fleeting moment I felt happy again.

"How...touching." I turned to see the figure of my father leaning against the cell door, wand in hand. "As lovely as this little reunion was, you're wanted in the dining room."

I stared at him. He didn't seem to care that it was looking very likely that I wouldn't live to see tomorrow. It hurt, but in the end I never really saw him as a parent. At the most, some distant uncle who occasionally came to check if I was doing my homework.

Harry and I stood up and walked through the open door, hand in hand, towards our doom. Resistance was futile - neither of us had a wand after all. The stone clattered beneath our feet as we climbed the stairs from the basement and walked across the entrance hall. As we reached the dining room door we made eye contact and nodded. Together we pushed open the heavy oak door and strode in, heads held high, hands clasped tightly together.

"Goodbye, Potter."

"See you around, Malfoy."

A/N: I'm thinking of making a short Drabble book for all of the things I write in the middle night when I get an idea and can't sleep. Would anyone read it or nah? (You really don't have to if you don't want. I promise. Xx)