Three Little Letters

Warning: Contains suicide and suicidal thoughts and eating disorders.

A/N: So I've actually put an OC in this oneshot because I didn't really think any of the existing HP characters were really right for the part. (plus I'm just not that mean) Her name is Amelia and she's actually based off someone I know in real life, although I wish I didn't.

Sorry for my long absence by the way, hope this makes up for it. X

My hands shake as I seal the last envelope. A lone tear drips from my chin and smudges the dark ink name scrawled on it. It's still legible, but barely.

I place the three letters on my bedside table and slowly walk to the bathroom. Numbly, I reach towards the cabinet, hidden behind the mirror. A small bottle of pills is soon in my grasp.

One...

Two...

Three... I'm already over the specified amount.

Four...

Five...

I keep going. Blindly swallowing pill after pill until the little bottle lies empty on the floor. I can already feel them working. I can feel the the toxins flowing through my veins, drifting through my bloodstream.

The room starts to spin and I fall to my knees on the tiled floor. Black spots appear in front of my eyes and my vision clouds. This is the end. For the first time in two years I am finally happy. I'm finally free. No more pain, no more voices, no more hate.

I smile to myself as I slip further and further away. It's better off like this. For everyone. I let the darkness consume me as my head hits the floor with a crack.

*. *. *. *. *.

Three little letters, lying in a row. One addressed to my ex-best friends and one especially for her. And one for him, the pale, blond haired boy, who hurt me in a way no other could.

Dear Ron and Hermione, (the first parchment read)

Please don't think that you're responsible for my death. It was bound to happen anyway and let's face it, you're much better off without me. Don't waste time thinking about what you could have done to save me because nothing could have spared me.

You guys and Amelia, you're the golden trio. You don't need me to hold you back like I have been doing for two years. I know that you guys only let me hang around out of pity, you don't need someone as worthless as I am cramping your style.

I know that I never got invited to Hogsmede because I'm boring. I know that you guys didn't have time to help me with my homework because I'm annoying. You didn't notice that I never ate but that was fine because I'm fat and ugly. I'm just a burden that you shouldn't have had to put up with.

Amelia was always much funnier, much more interesting and just generally better than I was. I don't blame you guys for replacing me with her. You deserve someone like her, not someone like me.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that you should be happy I'm finally out of your hair. Be glad that I'm no longer around to dampen the mood.

Thanks for putting up with me for all those years.

Yours, Harry.

Amelia,

Let's not pretend that we like each other. I might laugh and smile at your jokes but it's an act. For me everything has become an act. I hide away behind my messy hair. My eyes stare dully from behind my glasses. I'm not going to deny it. I hate you and I know you hate me too.

If you didn't then what reason do you have for not talking to me whenever we're alone and our friends have gone somewhere. If you didn't hate me then you wouldn't disclude me from everything and push me away at every opportunity.

Me, Ron and Hermione. We used to be a group of three, the golden trio, but then you turned up and pushed me out, taking my place. My friends have replaced me with you and you know that and delight in it. You smirk at me when you share a group hug and I am left standing by myself.

Don't think that I don't know it was you who drove me to do this. You've been the source of my misery for two years. Two fucking years of loneliness. Do you know what that does to a person?

I think I've gone insane. My heart aches for what I once had that you stole from me. I hope you feel guilty, knowing that this was mostly your fault. I hope you know how shit you made me feel. I hope you know that you're the reason I stopped eating because you're the one who so kindly pointed out that I was fat even though you claimed it was a joke afterwards.

Everyone believed you. But not me.

I don't even know why I bothered to tell you this. You don't deserve an explanation from me. Perhaps I just wanted you to know how much you fucked me up.

Or perhaps I wanted to congratulate you. Congratulate you for winning the game. Congratulate you for getting the friends I always wanted. Congratulate you for finally getting me out of the way.

Because that's what you wanted the whole time. For me to be out of the picture. And now, at last, I am.

To Draco Malfoy,

To be honest, this was the hardest one to write. I'll keep it brief because we aren't exactly on the best of terms.

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry I turned down your handshake. I want to apologise for judging you all these years. And, I need to tell you that I've been in love with you for a very long time.

I know that probably disgusts you but it's true. I, Harry Potter, am in love with you. I just thought I should let you know that unrequited love is pretty painful.

Guess you're going to have to find someone else to torment now, huh.

Anyway, have a nice life.

Love From, Harry

*. *. *. *. *.

A week. A week was how long it took for them to find my broken body on the bathroom floor.

Of course I was right. They just really don't care at all.