‡ Chapter 1 ‡

Start from the beginning

Bam!

The port-a-potty thrust in different direction except this time, it was different. The room itself wasn't moving yet I felt the ground rumble quicker. "What the-"Vrrooommm!

I banged on the walls, and kicked and screamed, but the engine and screeching tires were louder.

A hot flash of fear pooled into my stomach. The only thing that could be as loud as that would have to be a truck. An enormous moving truck. Carrying a lot of weight. Including me.

My face paled. My blood turned cold and I made a leap for the door. "Help! Help! Isaac where are you?!" I pounded and attempted to unlock the door.

I felt the truck speed forward and I wobbled backwards. Unable to catch myself with my pants by my ankles, I fell, plopping back on the toilet.

Luckily-not in it.

"SOS!" I cried. "Fire! Morse code! Drowning! Help!" My fist punched the wall. "How the hell do you cry for help?!"

Jeans zipped and butt off the toilet, I stood by the door and kept pumping sanitizer on my hands; just so I could stop biting my nails.

It didn't help for the fact the person on the other side of the port-a-potty could have a gun. Or worse.

I'd run out of sanitizer.

I groaned at the frightening thought. Grimacing, I drew a long sigh. "This day can't get any-"

The truck jerked to a stop. My face fell forward and squished onto the door. Before another groan trickled down my mouth, the port-a-potty suddenly leaned. My breath caught. It was tipping.

"No-no-no-no," I stammered. The gravity escaped under my feet. This couldn't be happening. I shut my eyes and heard my screams.

The door swung open and my body was caught.

Adjusting my vision, I found one tanned arm wrapped around me. The other held the port-a-potty. Fixing it upright, my hazy eyes drifted back to the stranger.

Midnight pupils, nearly black flickered an edge of mystery. Wild raven hair untamed, his nose was slightly crooked, but a thick scar down his lip was the captivating sight of this attractive combination.

Smelling like clean aftershave, my heart fluttered thousands of beats per second, my body leaning in closer. He leaned in, his gaze gliding towards my mouth...

Then he dropped me.

When I say dropped, I mean threw me hard.

I skid across the floor with an audible thud. My head cracked. A low moan slipped below my breath. The impact was shattering as my ears rang a deafening buzz.

The faint sound of a man's voice was barely clear. I squeezed my eyes shut.

"You smell like shit."

A bit down a snarky remark and remained sprawled on the floor.

"Pathetic," he grumbled.

Did I ask for your opinion, retard? Saying that would be a death sentence. I wasn't those people who talked back to their kidnapper. I mean, come on, where was the logic in that?

"Rise." I swallowed hard and rose. Alarmed by the sound of his voice and the truck engine roaring, I was surprised it was just only us two. "God dammit. How long does it take for you to fucking stand, you idiot?!"

But who said I always thought logic?

Infuriated, my head snapped up to see the dark stranger casting an annoyed look. Now closer, I noted he was only a few years older than I. But I wasn't so sure, the childish glint in his eyes deceiving.