Chapter 35(unedited)

Anaya' P.O.V

I can't believe he gave sixty thousand freaking dollars to win that date. Why did he do that?
I only smiled next to him before walking out in his company.
"Why did you do that?" I asked immediately as we were out.
"I wanted to." He said before griping my hand and walking to the exit of the hall. Butterflies suddenly erupted in my stomach.
Well, it wasn't that I was sad that he won the bid but the huge amount of money is shocking. 'Come on girl, he's a billionaire.' I sigh at that thought. I don't understand what he spent so much, specially on me. Well, from my perspective we aren't dating or the 'boyfriend girlfriend' thing. Just friends or acquaintances, that's my opinion tho. From his side, I don't know much. He always hide his feelings and his eyes, emotionless.

I went to grab my clutch and then walked to the exit where James stood. As I walked in front of him, he looked up from his phone and gave me a breathtaking smile. I couldn't help from restraining myself to smile back, I knew that a light blush formed on my cheeks. I now stood in front of him, we both remained silent for a moment.
"Shall we." He said as he opened the back passenger door for me.
I smiled and thanked him.
"So, what are my privileges tonight?" He asked as I felt his eyes on me.
"There's a dinner at the Serafina Upper West Side and after that, I'm yours till midnight." I said, explaining tonight's plan.
"I like hearing that." He said leaving me confused.
"What? What do you like hearing?" I asked.
"That you are mine." He replied with his husky voice.
I only blushed at what he said and looked down. Why did he say that? I looked back at him and saw him smirking, maybe due to the blush crept on my cheeks.
"Only till midnight." I accentuate.
"That's ephemeral, babe." He replied, leaving me dumbstruck.
Babe? Seriously?
"And when did you start that 'babe' thing?" I asked raising an eyebrow.
"Since you're my date." He said with a shrug.
"Only for tonight." I accentuated again.
"We will see." He said with a smirk. "What will happen if I take you somewhere else tonight?" He asked.
Somewhere else? Where?
"Nothing. But where are we going?" I asked trying to figure out what he's up to.
"Surprise babe." He said with a mischievous smirk.
Babe? Again! It may sound weird, but I liked it when he called me babe. I don't know why but my heart bursts with joy.
"Okay." I said with a small smile.

We held small convos where I found out that Mr Sheikh is getting married next week in Mumbai. He booked one of the best hotel for it. Just imagine. He booked the whole hotel.
"And you'll be attending?" I asked.
"I promised him." He replied. "What are you doing next week?" He asked.
"I think I'll be going out with a friend." I said remembering Troy.
"Cancel it!" He said instantly.
"What? How can I?" I replied bewildered. Seriously? How can he command me to do this?
"I want you to accompany me to Shaheer's wedding." He said simply. Is he even realizing what he's asking me for?!
"I'm sorry, I can't." I declined. I've got choreographies to plan, tons of notes to revise and also my personal life. Well, the last part is monotone and boring but still exists.
"Why? It's only for three days."
"I can't. Moreover, I'm attending a concert with Troy." I said.
"Troy Siffer?! Do you even know what his father has been doing? He's been found with drugs worth more than $10,000. There was a huge case on his but the prosecutors office soon dropped the case. They bribed the prosecution. These guys are dangerous Anaya. And now you are going to whatever stupid concert with that guys, that's another reason why I don't want to leave you." He said, mentioning how dangerous Troy and his dad are.
But wait a minute, why is he insisting so much on bringing me with him? I agree being unaware of that drug dealing stuff but that's not a reason for him being so overprotective and over-possessive, is it?
"I agree that they sound like being quite dangerous but it doesn't mean that I can't stay here on my own. I mean, I've been here for the past years and managed living without the help of anyone else. I'm an adult, I can deal with my problems. Why are you behaving like that?" I replied confused about why he's being so obstinate of me going along with him.
''I know why I'm doing it, Anaya." He spat back.
"Wha... I'm not even your girlfriend. Beside, you have a fiancée." I said with an irritated voice as Summaiyah's face flashed in my mind.
"She is my past now!" He kind of shouted, making me flinch.
I only bit my lower bit and looked down. God! I angered him.
"And coming to your last part, be my girlfriend." He said, smirking with his husky voice when it came to the last part.
My mind constantly repeated it over and over again 'be my girlfriend.' My heartbeats increased and I felt butterflies in my stomach. I can't believe he said it. I'm pretty much sure that my mouth hung open at the actual moment.
"Wh...a.a..tt?" I stuttered in disbelief.
"You heard right, be my girlfriend." He said with a blank voice. No emotions could be heard through. His eyes as dazzling as they are were emotionless.
"Unbelievable." I said and shook my head while looking out of the window.
He remained silent. I was expecting so from him or in fact, I don't what he is up to now. If I end up being his girlfriend, our relationship, would it last? Do we at least have a future together? We both belong to two different worlds. I'm a dancer who keeps on being judged about her occupation. I agree killing stereotypes but, would it be enough to maintain his reputation stable? And mine? I keep on maintaining a good reputation about myself, conserving the image of an independent woman who doesn't need to spread legs to be successful. God! Why is all this so confusing?!