Chapter 24(unedited)

Anaya's P.O.V

I woke up around 6.00 a.m and started my routine, daily business and then an hour jogging. Back home, I had oats and milk while snoopy had his pebbles. As I walked upstairs, I realized that I had to choose an outfit which would be suitable for both, lunch and work. I opened my closet and took a black pencil skirt out. I then searched for a top or a blouse, I saw a grey long sleeved shirt which was both casual and formal. I couldn't find a better piece to complete my look. I showered and straightened my hair a little for it to remain natural after that I applied some make up, red lipstick and a thin line of eyeliner. Once I was done with all this, I had to choose a pair of shoes, precisely heels. I found a red pair of high feels, they were of a sexy red which gave a little of color to my outfit. I really loved being 5.7 inch, my height was perfect for heels and it also enhanced my long legs.
It was around 8.25 a.m as I left for the office. The traffic wasn't so dense today, I was at the office in thirty minutes. Still keeping my habit of being five minutes early. I parked my car and entered the office, I still had the same anxious feeling as yesterday. Somewhere I knew it wasn't working here which gave me this feeling but rather James. He was like once of those song which you can't get out of your mind. We all know how irritating it is. I walked to the elevator and went to the third floor. According to what I could notice, James wasn't here yet. I thanked God for that, I really don't want to meet him. Some employees were already here. I greeted them and sat to my seat. There were a few files on my office. I started working on it.

It was now lunch time. I stood from my chair and grabbed my handbag. I walked to the elevator and pressed on the ground floor. I walked to the exit as I bumped into someone, I was about kiss the ground when I felt a strong arm on my waist, holding me back. My eyes were closed as I feared falling.
"Relax." I heard a familiar voice saying. Slowly, I opened my eyes and they met no other than James' brown greenish one. I stared at them for a couple of minutes and then realized the position we were.
"Thank you." I said as I straightened myself making him release me from his grip. I'm sure my cheeks had a glint of red right now.
"No problem Miss Khan. May I ask you where are you heading for?" He asked still having his eyes on me. It was as if they were glued on me.
"I'm leaving for lunch, sir." I said and started biting my lips.
"Would you mind having lunch with me?" James proposed. God knows who much I wanted to accept but unfortunately there are barriers for it to be possible.
"I'm sorry to decline your invitation, sir. Actually, I have to discuss about the fund raising program with the rest of the group so today is impossible." I said and gave him an apologetic smile. I owed him that much of respect. He saved me from falling and beside that he is my boss.
He only nodded and walked away. It was a little rude but I preferred it that way.

I walked to my car and drove to the 'Twenties'. A restaurant which was famous mainly for its burgers and French fries. I parked my car in front of the restaurant. I could spot Troy's Ferrari, Taruna's BMW and Carys' bike. I was quite happy as I won't be alone in that restaurant. Before getting out of the car, I reapplied a little of red lipstick after that I took my bag and moved out of the car. I locked it and entered the restaurant. Emma, Taruna, Troy, Carys, Sarah and Saakshi were here. I was surprised to see that they were here. There was only Jake, Melina, Keshni and Helen who haven't arrived yet.
"Hey Anaya, what's up?" Troy greeted me. I had no time to reply as he hugged me. Weird.
"Hi." I said a little weirdly. Taruna's eyes were glued on me. I wonder what she is up to.
"Hey guys, nice to see you all!" I greeted them with a professional smile.
They all greeted back. Taruna too was quite nice today, I guess the sun r0se from the wrong side.
I sat to our table and we started discussing about a few stuff as Troy's phone rang captivating all our attention.
"Sorry." He mumbled as he took the call.
"Yeah.. Sure.... Just a second." Troy said as he turned to me.
"I asked a few friends of mine to come too. Mind them joining us?" He asked.
"Yeah sure. I'm fine with it." I said giving him a small smile. He only smirked and winked. The more I get to know about him, the weirder he is.
"Wooo. Is there love in the air?" Sarah said, smiling and raising her eyebrow.
"Shut up!" I said as my eyes went wide. Seriously? Troy and me? Never!
"Come on. He is cute." Saakshi said.
"Not my type." I said and shrugged.
"What's you type then? Christian Grey?" Sarah said trying her best not to laugh. They all knew my obsession for the Fifty Shades of Grey book but it stopped there even if I admit having a crush on Christian.
"The possessive C.E.O type, huh?" Saakshi said adding the cherry to the cake. Cocky CEO? James? My mind immediately thought, I automatically face palmed myself to that thought.
"Sssshhh!" Sarah said as Troy walked in.
I could figure out who Troy invited. It was David, Chris, Lucas and Blake. David is the new member of the football team and the rest are the quarterback of the team. A little after, Jake, Keshni and Melina arrived. Jake was seated next to me and on my other side was Troy. I had already received the email about the acknowledgement of our activities the night before. I had already forwarded them the email which gave them an idea of what to discuss about. Keshni was happy as her Horror Fashion Show was authorized. We came out to the conclusion that Taruna would be a sort of wolf mixed up with a with costume. Chris and Melina were the Gomez and Morticia from the Addams family. Carys was enthusiastic about being the fiancée of Chucky, so right now, we had to find a Chucky and I know someone who won't refuse that role. Keshni was a revisited version of Snow White which was attacked by the wolf and all. I found it quite interesting and original as a costume. I had to dress as Harley Queen along with the make up of a sweet skull. It was quite a challenging one as I chose to do my costume myself so as not to bother the my team and all. Carys had the responsibility of the costumes and make up. David had the kindness of finding some sponsors. Jake and Emma found the models for the fashion show. They had already planned it all, I was quite impressed by what they had planned, they already had the dresses and accessories ready. On the other hand, Taruna and I had planned several Bollywood dance. Taruna had cooperated and we had the dancers ready. We only had to show them the choreography, that was my task as Taruna did so much so far. I didn't want to give them the idea that I'm not doing anything. Everything was set for the dinner and bidding. Even the models were so beautiful. I'm really impressed by this hardworking team. Troy had his friends to help with the fun games, the ideas were original and interesting. They talked about a mini bowling, basketball games and a mini football game.
"So guys we will be starting the setting up three days before the Food&Fun Day. Nice work for the food and beverages, the catering service looks like a professional one. David I'm glad to have you in the team. Thank you so much for the sponsors. The horror team and the fashion show team, your planning is exceptional. Taruna, nice work! I'm impressed by you." I addressed to the whole team. Taruna gave me a little smile and I must say I was shocked by it. "Troy, thank you so much for helping as well as you all here. Thank you for making this project a success." I said as they all clapped. I admit being shocked and dumbfounded as they did so.
"Wow Miss President! You aren't only the best at commanding us but also at speeches." Emma commented. Making me smile.
"She's right. This project is not yet a success, but don't worry we'll be working on it and I promise we will make it one." Lucas said as everyone started saying 'yes'.

I thanked them for being so supportive and as my lunch time was nearly over, I packed up and bid goodbye to everyone. I was the only one who left as they all wanted to enjoy. I drove off to the office where I rushed to my department so as not to be late. Work was smooth then. I was happy not meeting Mr Rollins, I really don't want to have one of those face to face again. Meeting wasn't really a problem. The problem was that he can't keep his hands to himself. I ended work at my habitual time and walked to the elevator, to the exit and then to my car. I went home and fed my puppy, his appetite started increasing and he badly need more affection. I played with him the whole time, even during dance practice, I started talking and dancing with him. He really enjoyed it, he looked happy and I was proud. Once I was done with all this, I showered and searched for my MANU supporter shirt. I was glad that I found it, I took my black leather jacket and a pair of ripped jeans. It had the perfect badass supporter look, my makeup was simple, eyeliner and red lipstick. My hair was down and I had a hair band around my wrist if ever a ponytail was needed. I was also wearing a pair of black Vans. I thought about wearing heels but it looked like being a bad idea if I wanted a sport look.

I went downstairs and took my handbag along with my car keys and went to fetch Andrew. After a twenty minutes drive, I reached his apartment building and texted him. Andrew hated driving as it traumatized him during that accident, he rides a bike, that's it. I tried talking to him several times but he won't bend on that subject. I kind of understood him as it was the same thing with me and red sarees. Even when driving with him, I have to double my carefulness of driving. He opened the passenger and made himself comfortable on the seat.
"Ready to loose?" He asked smugly.
"We will see. And hello to you too mister." I said smirking to him, starting the engine.

The drive was a nice one. Andrew told me a little about his day at work an his colleagues. In short, they are all grumpy old men who love silence, so for Andrew to crack a joke, no luck. After fifteen minutes, we finally arrived to Riff and Reef Pub. It wasn't so easy to find a parking as there was a lot of people. Finally finding a parking, I parked my red car and walked to the pub with Andrew, his look and mine were alike except he had Nikes and I Vans and my jacket was black but his brown. We walked in the pub and the match had already started.
"Come on Rooney!" I yelled but he missed that ball. It was already half time and none had scored. What the hell is happening!? Come on dude! I really wanted to see Andrew wearing dhoti pants to the office!
"I told you they won't stand a chance." Andrew said and smirked.
"Just shut the fuck up man! Both haven't scored yet." I said and mark my words, just as I completed my sentence, Countinho scored a goal. Liverpool scored a goal. Everyone were either dancing and clapping or cursing. But I was numb and dumbfounded.
I'll be wearing a damn saree to that freaking party. God please help!!!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
A/n:
Hey guys,
Hope you liked them chapter. Thank you so much for the votes and comments. If you've got any question one enquiries about writing, I would be more than happy t0 help you. Till then don't forget to vote, share and comment.
Take care and goodbye,
AM