Chapter 7 (unedited)

Anaya's P.O.V

"Dad!" I exclaimed shocked. How come he is here? I thought he was in London.
"Good evening Sweetheart." My dad said walking towards me. I'm meeting my dad after five long months. I couldn't resist and ran into his arms.
"Papa, I missed you." I said as I could feel tears forming in the corner of my eyes.
"I missed you too baby girl." My dad told me patting my back. We broke the hug and I quickly wiped my tears.
"So what's up dad? You are back early this time." I told him pouring myself a glass of water.
"I have to sign a contract here and I wanted to see you." He told me while mixing the sauce in the pasta.
"And why did you want to see me?" I asked him.
"I don't think I need a reason to meet my daughter. And I wanted to check if you are fine." He looked hurt maybe I shouldn't have asked that question. He is doing that for both of us.
I was about to say something when suddenly Snoopy came running inside the kitchen, as he saw me,he jumped on my knees.
"Hey Snoopy." I said caressing his head. I hugged him as he started to licking my cheeks.
"Well, I see you've got a new friend." Dad said smiling at us.
I just smiled and continued playing with my pup.
"Dinner will be ready in ten minutes. Go take a shower. You stink!" My dad told me, shoving the spoon in front of my face.
I giggled and placed Snoopy down then walked to the door and took my stuffs. I hurried upstairs and I was done shower in five minutes. I wore a short and a tank top then hurried down stairs. I saw my dad placing the pates along with forks and  knives.
"Wow! The set is very beautiful." I told my dad smiling. It's been a while since I'm having dinner with him and a while since I last saw him. He is growing grey hair and started having wrinkles too. Isn't he tired of working that hard?
"Honey, come and sit." My dad told me smiling while sitting on a chair.
I walked round the table and sat on the chair, facing him. He served the pasta and started eating. My dad doesn't cook much but when he does, his food is simply irresistible.
I took a fork of pasta and started eating.
"Gosh! It's so delicious." I moaned.
"Thank you." My dad said slightly laughing.
Dinner continued in silence. I guess we were both hungry.
After eating I was washing the dishes and dad was doing some work on his phone while Snoopy was watching TV.
When I was done with the dishes, I sat on the couch next to Snoopy while searching for something nice to watch. My dad came and sit on a couch.
"How is school going on?" He asked his eyes still on his phone.
"Pretty good. The exams are in three months and our group is planning a Food&Fun day next month on the campus." I told him while getting up.
"Hey, I bought you a gift. It's on the table in the living room." My dad told me. I wonder what he bought this time. Last time, it was a watch from Guess along with a bracelet with diamond and emeralds on it.
When I entered the living room, I saw the box which was well packed. As I opened the packet, my eyes widened in shock. It's a red saree and a jewelry set.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:
Hey guys,
Thanks for your votes, views and comments. You mean so much to me. So there the saree and jewelry set on top. Surprises coming up in the next chapter. Plz vote, comment and share.
Thank you and Take Care