Chapter 25 (unedited)

Anaya's P.O.V

I was standing in front of my wardrobe thinking of what saree I could wear, not forgetting to mention the colors blue and gold. I've got a few saree which I have never wear. After searching properly, I found one perfectly wrapped in the gift wrap. If I'm not wrong, an ancient teacher at Amborium gifted me that, I still remember the jewelry set too. I opened the gift and found a blue saree and there was also the beige color present but as it was also some kind of gold. Right now, I felt like doing a happy dance but since the word self control made its entry in my dictionary, I restrained myself despite knowing the fact that no one would see me but still. I had one and a half hour to get ready. I'm used to get ready in less than the normal time due to the numerous time I had to have a speedy costume change along with the make up and hairstyle. That too often being done by myself. Most of the other dancers would say that it useless to do so by myself but I hate making my audience wait. I know how to manage my time and improvise a my make up and hairstyle.
I took a warm shower and scrubbed my body with a vanilla scrub. I was wearing a white panty and an oversized shirt as I had to do my make up and hair before putting the saree on. I started curling my hair so as to give it a wavy look. Once I was done with that, I started my make up. I wanted to keep it as simple as usual, so I did some smoky eyes and cat eye, I then applied pink lipstick, it wasn't a slutty pink but a rather natural one. I couldn't expect a better look, it was simple and yet classy. In my bedroom, I removed the oversized shirt and put on the saree blouse. After that, I wore the under skirt and then wrapped the saree. I was now to the hardest part, the pleats. Finally, I was able to tuck the pleats in the petticoat and drape the pallu to my right shoulder. I took a look of myself in the mirror, I remember the last time wearing the blouse, it was loose and didn't fit my curves. But now, it enhances my breast showing slightly my cleavage. The pallu covered my breast so there was nothing to worry about, it wasn't scanty. I really loved that blouse, it was backless and also sleeveless. I guess the saree idea wasn't a bad one after all. As accessories I had only a watch and a pair of earrings. I didn't think much before grabbing a pair of gold high heels sandals and a gold clutch.

As I walked downstairs, I saw my dad's car key next to mine. An idea popped into my mind. I opened the garage door and took my dad's BMW 7-Series space grey. I'm already wearing an eye catching saree to this party, then why not having a nice car along with it. I kept my Audi in the garage and entered the BMW. I really loved driving it, it's the second time I'm doing so. I don't think that it would be a nice idea leaving a BMW with an M-KIT to me, I really love driving at full speed and I'm sure the sport and sport plus will only be encouraging me defying the speed limits. I started the engine and drove to the party. It was held at a hotel, Anahita.

The party had already started as I reached. I always liked being early but concerning events I don't follow this rule. I arrived at the hotel and the decoration looked awesome even from the outside. After parking the car, I walked in the hotel. I could see men in Armani suit walking toward a hall, I followed them.

I walked inside the hall where the event was held and all the eyes were on me. I really don't know why. This moment was like the movie ones, a pianist was playing the song 'Ajab Si' as I made my entrance. A quick scan of the hall made me realize that I was the only one wearing a saree. Of course! None of them are Indian. Dumbass! I walked and gave small smiles to everyone looking at me.
"Hey beauty!" I heard someone say and as I turned back, it was no other than Nick.
"Hi." I said and smiled at him.
"You look really pretty today. I must say you are awesomely unique!" He said as he walked nearer to me.
"Thank you. You look handsome yourself." I complimented him and he grinned.
"Says the most beautiful of the night." He said making me blush a little. "Want something to drink?" He asked.
"Yeah, maybe some water." I replied, looking for the bar.
While we were walking to the bar, Nick introduced me to the guests around. There were also several managers invited. Neither John nor Andrew were anywhere to be seen. Nick and I talked about a few things and he also cracked jokes which made me laugh.
"Good evening Miss Khan." A familiar voice said from behind. Without the need of turning around, I knew it was James.
"Good evening Mr Rollins." I greeted him with a smile, keeping politeness a must. He looked so hot in his suit. He was wearing a black Hugo Boss suit along with a white tie. Weird fact is that he always wear black suits, he reminds me of one of my old wishes. I had always wanted to fall for a Dark Knight, that's why I always loved Batman.
"Baby." I heard someone squeal behind. I saw Summaiyah rushing to grab James' arm. Why does both of them being together affects me so much?!
"Hello Anaya." She said as she saw me. Her smile vanished from her face. Summaiyah was wearing an Elie Saab dress, it had elegant embroidered black tulle embellished with glistening sequins and featuring a simple clear tulle cleavage that dropped to expose the belly button. It was a nice dress, I must admit but it wasn't as eye catching as a saree. This might be the reason behind her anger.
"Hi." I said and smiled.
"Nice saree! If I knew you would be wearing a saree, I would have wore my new lengha from Manish Malhotra's latest creation." Summaiyah bragged. Seriously!? For her information, I've been gifted designer wears which are sleeping in my closet.
"Maybe next time." I reply simply keeping my voice neutral. Before having the time to reply, Andrew interrupted her.
"Ladies, bro." He said as he stood behind me, placing his right arm around my back. I found this sudden action weird but shrugged this thought off.
"Andrew, as punctual as always." James mocked Andrew.
"It might also happen that I was here long back but came to meet you only now." Andrew said with a smirk. James was on the self-control mode as I'm sure he wouldn't tolerate someone speaking to him like that but it wasn't a stranger, it was his little brother.
"I think we should move darling, there are a few guests who we should meet. See you around Miss Khan." James said as he held Summaiyah's hand, walking toward the other guests.
"He will come back running." Andrew said as we both looked towards James.
"What do you mean?" I asked, wanting him to elaborate.
"He loves you. I can see it. The way he behaves when I'm someone else is around you." He explained. Part of me was happy as Andrew said those words but still, I knew there would be too many obstacles in that love story.
"How can you be so sure? He has a girlfriend and their relationship looks like a serious one." I said convincing of of the total opposite of what is on his mind. 'Convincing him or yourself?' My inner asked.
"Come on! Have you noticed his facial expression as I touched you? I'm his brother and still he acts possess if when I'm around you. Jealousy is clearly shown. And I can feel it when Summaiyah is with him, you are jealous." He said, making my eyes wide. Touching me? Since the beginning it was his plan for James to be jealous. Immediate reaction from my side, I slapped his chest.
"It isn't even true. I'm not jealous and moreover Summaiyah told me she was the soon to be wife of James." I said.
"Oh please, it doesn't mean that it's true! If I say that I'm Salman Khan, does it make me Salman Khan?" He said knowing my craze for Salman Khan and Being Human clothing.
"Shut up! Salman is way hotter than you." I said as I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms.
"As you say My Lady! Dinner will be served in a short while, let's find our table." Andrew said as I walked forward.