Chapter 33(unedited)

Anaya's P.O.V

I grabbed my iMac, iPad and pen drives. Each pen drive containing some weird program that I created. Once I had packed those stuffs, I felt like something was missing but I couldn't find out what it was. I looked at my feet and saw that I was wearing the wrong shoes. I immediately changed to some high heels. Well, I know that it sounds weird but I can't think in flats. I ran downstairs to meet James.
"Ready?" He asked as he looked at me.
"Yeah." I said with a small smile.
"Wearing heels, won't your legs hurt?" James said eyeing at my feet.
"Don't worry about that. I can't think in flats." I replied.
He only nodded and we walked out.

During the whole ride, I tried to think of a solution to the problem.
"So at your exception, who has access to your computer?" I asked.
"I'm the only one. But there are some technicians who come to see if there's any virus or bug and there's a few documents which are on my personal assistant's computer." He explained.
If he's the only one having access to that, then how someone got access to that? The technicians maybe did it but if it's not them. The employees are trustworthy. Okay, he said that there are a few documents on his P.A's computer but it doesn't explain how they got access to his computer. I thought about their tactics hackers use and one popped in my head.
"James, did you open any weird email?" I asked as I knew one of the most common way of a hacked computer, by opening fishy emails.
"What do you mean by that?" James said furrowing his eyebrows.
"You know, those types of emails saying that you won a huge sum of money and all." I explained.
"I don't think I did that." He said furrowing his eyebrows as if he was thinking.

A few minutes later, we arrived at Rollins&Co Enterprises. We walked in the huge familiar building and went directly to the elevator. We were all walking so fast. James' face clearly showed stress and anger. Soon the elevator stopped to the last floor, where James' office is found.
As we walked inside the office, his personal assistant along with a few bodyguards were there. There was also a technician present. The technician's eyes were glued on the screen, maybe trying to figure out the problem. Everyone were in an alerted position as James walked in.
"Adler. Do you have an idea of what happened?" James asked the technician.
"No sir, I'm trying. It's impossible to have access to your computer. It's completely blocked. I came for a regular check of your device as I saw that a few documents had been transferred to a pen drive. I tried to open it to see if everything was there, but the screen immediately went black and after that, I was unable to open the computer." Adler explained. I bit my lips thinking of a solution.
"May I try something?" I asked as everyone's eyes went on me as if I grew another head. What the...
"Okay." James said as the technician stood from the chair, leaving me the place.

I took my iMac from my bag and connected it his computer. I pressed on my created application's icon and his home screen appeared in the application. I took my spectacles out of its case and wore them. I saw that once it was completely loaded, it asked me for James' password.
"Can you please enter your password?" I asked James as everyone looked at me in disbelief. It looked like a déjà vu.
"Sure." He replied as he walked to his computer to enter the password.
"No, on mine." I said as he was about to type on his keyboard. He turned around and gave me a surprised look. Really?!
He quietly did as I said and his computer was unlocked on my laptop. Same as I did for the previous problem on Simpson's computer but this time, the matter is way more serious.
My laptop soon show a malware warning. I raised my eyes from the laptop and saw that they were all looking at me. Great! An audience! But how on earth, can a main computer of a huge business be hacked moreover that, the C.E.O's computer. I entered the settings and saw that the antivirus was stopped by a user. But who?
"James, at your exception who lately had access on your computer?" I asked.
"Adler did." James said as I looked at Adler.
"Adler, when was the last time you checked this computer?" I asked.
"Last week, why?" He asked. It can't be, it must have been something more recent.
"Did anyone accessed to it during the last two days?" I asked eyeing everyone present in the room.
"A technician came saying that the head of department asked him to do so." The personal assistant said.
"I ordered anything as such." Adler said in a defending tone.
"But whoever did it was intelligent enough to turn off the antivirus and download a malware."  I explained typing on the computer.
"What?!" Abler and James said at the same time as they nearly ran to see what I was doing. Soon, the desk was surrounded.
I showed Abler the widget of the malware and explained to him what I did to find it out.
"So in short, Mr Rollins' home screen is on your laptop and you can access to it as if it was yours." He said not believing it. "I don't believe you." Yup, that's what I thought.
"That's in somehow what's happening." I said. I then checked the previous downloads that happened through the computer.
I saw that some folders were downloaded from the computer.
"There a folder named Malik LTD which has been downloaded from your computer and another one about a medical firm." I said as I entered the folders. "The good news is that none of them was sabotaged. They are as good as how you saved them and the hackers changed nothing." I explained.
"Anaya, they got hold of two important documents and the deal with Malik LTD is an important one as I told you. Moreover that, the computer is completely blocked." He said and sighed. Seeing his in this pathetic state made a weird feeling in me arise. I felt concerned about it as if it was my problem.
"Isn't there anyway of getting the computer as well as everything in it back?" Abler asked.
"There's a way." I said lowly.
"What!?" Everyone exclaimed altogether.
"But you have to promise that whatever I'm doing or will be doing must remain among us." I said putting emphasis on the word 'must' and in a serious tone. If that secret about my computer programs is revealed then I'm sure my life won't be a normal one. Many companies would give huge amount of money to get it but I can't let it to be in anyone's hand. They might misuse it and result in a catastrophic situation.
"I promise it to remain a secret." James said looking at me. I only nodded.

I removed my iPad and connected it to my laptop. I clicked on the widget and started the program.
"Done!" I said as I saw that everything was as good as its previous state on his computer.
"What?!" James asked as he saw his computer being back to normal. He typed a few things and opened a few documents and his eyes went wide as he saw that everything was normal. "How did you do that?" He asked with disbelief in his voice.
"It will last hours, just drop it." I simply said not wanting to elaborate.
"Can you trace the hackers?" James asked the bodyguards.
"There are cameras in the corridor, Sir. We will get the CCTV footage and trace that person." Taylor said.
"Can't you block the downloaded documents?" His personal assistant asked.
"It would seriously save the situation. But it is impossible, isn't it?" James said as he raked his hand through his hair.
"It's impossible." Abler said. The tension on James' face was clearly seen. God! Why can't I stand this situation of his?!
"It is." I said as I bit my lower lip. I swear, it's the first and last time I'm letting someone know about my created programs.
"WHAT?!" They all exclaimed. Here it goes...
"I'm sick of 'whats' now." I muttered and started the program. "Is there any file or document that is in both your P.A's computer and yours?" I asked James.
"Yes the one of the IT firm, right Maria?" James said confirming with his personal assistant whose name is Maria.
"Yes Sir." She said.
"Okay Maria, I would ask you to please go to your desk and open the document of the IT firm." I said as she nodded and walked out.
"What are you doing now?" James asked.
"The document which you sent will be blocked. That is, she won't have access on it. I just need to know if you copied the two documents to your clients." I explained.
"Not really, even if I did, I can resend it to them." He said.

In a few seconds, after I pressed 'enter', the Maria entered the room.
"The document is blocked!" She said with a tensed look.
"You did it!" James said as relief was clearly noticed through his voice.
"Yeah." I said with a small smile. I don't know why I was so contented about accomplishing such a thing. It is because of how dangerous and difficult it was? Or, the happiness and relief of James?
Adler stood dumbstruck maybe trying to figure out what just happened.

I tried to move my fingers as I felt a shot of pain which made me whimper.
"Are you okay?" James asked in a caring tone.
"Yeah I'm fine. It's just my wrist." I replied holding my right wrist in my left hand.
He took hold of my right hand and kissed it. I blushed crimson red. He didn't utter a word and neither did I.
I stood and started packing my stuffs and as I raised my eyes I noticed that everyone nearly left. There was only Adler, James and I left in the room.
"You were awesome today Miss Khan. You eventually saved the whole situation." Adler said.
"Thank you." I said with a smile.
After that, he left. Leaving James and I alone.
"You impress me every single time." James said as he sat on the grey couch.
"That's in my nature Mr Rollins." I said with a playful smirk as I sat next to him.
"Yeah right." He said as he pulled closer to him. His arm then encircled my waist. I didn't want to protest. Was it because I was too weak to do so or that I liked it.
We stayed like that for a moment with my head on his chest when he asked me a question.
"Anaya, if you could have done that on Simpson's computer last time, then why didn't you do it?" James asked.
"This program did exist then and I could have done that but I didn't want to show everyone that I could actually do something like that." I paused. "But this time, it was different." I said and turned to face him, my heart was racing about what I was about to say. "This time, I didn't bother about how much I would reveal because something that means so much to you was at stake." I said looking into his eyes. They hid so much of emotions. Were they expression love, care, passion or any another. It would be hard to say but something was sure, something was happening and it was a common feeling.