Chapter 1 - The Arrival

Suman was back from work. It had been a hectic day indeed. She freshened up before hitting the bed. Just when she was about to get into a deep sleep, she heard a faint knock on the door. She approached to open it.

"Mamiji (aunt) What happened? Is everything alright?"

"Um, yes dear. I just came to remind you about the Malhotras. They are coming from Canada tomorrow. I hope you remember."

"Oh yes! Thanks for reminding mamiji. Do you want me to do anything for them?"

"Not really. I just want you and Preeti to act decent in front of them. I hope you understand what I mean."

"Oh okay mamiji, you don't worry. I'll take care of both Preeti and myself."

"Thank you so much Suman. You assure me every time."

After mamiji's departure Suman found herself lost in the thoughts of her childhood. How Varun bhaiya, Pushkar, Shravan and she used to be best friends. She cherished the blissful days she spent with them. Then a memory incapacitated her mind. She remembered how heartbroken she was when all of them left for Canada leaving her behind. She felt a tear dribble out of her eye. Pushkar and others had tried to reach her in these eight years, but Shravan? He never cared to call or message her. Not even ONCE! Perhaps he engaged himself with too many friends to remember the one he left back home. She was never going to forgive him, at least for not being there when she needed him the most. But she was determined to face him, with full courage.

Next morning, Suman woke up and dressed herself. Before leaving for PCT, she decided to wake Preeti up and asked her not to do any mischief in front of the Malhotras. Preeti nodded and hugged Suman. Suman left.

She tried to spend more time at PCT so that she didn't have to face Shravan after going home. Suddenly she got a call from Rachna Mausi who asked her to reach home quickly as the Malhotras had already arrived. Suman began to panic, so the time had finally come!

When she reached home, she found a succession of cars outside. She stepped inside and saw Kamini,Lalaji, Ramnath and Nirmala chatting with Nanaji and Mamaji. Pushkar and Varun were giggling over something in the living room. All of their eyes widened on seeing Suman at the door. How gorgeous and graceful she had become! Pushkar rushed towards Suman and hugged her, so did Varun. Suman couldn't help but hug them back with a broad smile and teary eyes. On breaking the embrace, she went on to greet the elders who blessed her in return. Kamini could not refrain herself from admiring Suman's beauty, to which Nirmala smiled and expressed affirmation. 

After having met almost everyone, Suman's eyes were searching for somebody else. That's when she felt a rumbling noise coming out of her stomach and remembered that she had not eaten anything the whole day. Without asking anything to anyone, she marched towards her room and locked the door from inside. She resolved to freshen up before serving dinner to everyone.

She entered the washroom trying to unbutton her kurta. She had not noticed the sound of shower coming from the washroom. She got in only to find a tall, masculine figure in front of her under the shower. It was HER washroom and nobody had the right to get in there without her permission. She went up to the man to confront him, but to her awe, almost slipped and was about to fall when a pair of strong, muscular hands held her from beneath. Suman's eyes were closed as she had expected to hit the ground already. As she slowly opened her eyes, she discovered a pair of curious eyes looking into hers with extreme passion. His hands at her waist were tightening their hold and his fingers were fondling the vicinity unconsciously. She felt his hand travelling up to her hair, putting the loose wet strands behind her ear. Both of them were far too lost in each other's eyes to notice the water from the shower drenching them. Suman had never seen a sexier man in her life. He was so good-looking and passionate, far beyond her fantasies. She kept looking into his eyes as he kept on staring into hers. He was assessing her, trying to figure out how someone could be so beautiful on earth. Her hazel eyes, sharp nose, soft,delicate lips, everything seemed to be on point; and with the water drizzling all over her face, she looked even more alluring. 

They might have kept on staring at each other till eternity had they not felt a sudden tug beneath them. They got out of the trance and he helped her stand upright with the support of his hands beneath her body. He was wrapped around in a towel which was about to abandon him. He quickly took off his hands from her and managed to hold it back. He looked up to ask her something but she had already left. He felt concerned as she was all wet and could have caught a cold.

"Was it Sumo? But how did she turn out to be so gorgeous?" he wondered.

So hello guys! 

I'm here with my first update and I hope you liked it though it was not much up to the mark. I promise I'll come up with something better in the next chapter. 

Don't forget to vote and put your comments below. Anything you want to tell me, a change or anything you want, let me know. Criticism is welcomed. I'll try to come back with the next update soon, till then stay well!

And don't forget to reach out at Instagram @nubahm and Facebook @Nubah Munzarin.

Goodnight!