Milk's Memory Map: Destination 4: The Mission

Milk had a mission, given to him by his mentor. This mentor was tough and cool and totally awesome (save Mr. Flubbs). But he had a dark secret that only Milk knew.

The mission was simple: Ensure that his mentor's secret was not discovered.

But, in actuality, the mission would be difficult, extremely difficult to complete, because Milk had very rudimentary knowledge of it.

So, what was this mission, one night ask. Well, this mission actually dates back many many years and generations ago, one passed down through the ages, given to one's "heir", and it just so happened that Milk was the new heir.

So, the beginning:

Long ago, there lived an enormous cat known as Sacribe. He was distinguished by his overwhelming presence and boisterous character. He was cocky, so cocky, in fact, that he would strut around the mountain range he resided, boasting about his intelligence and strength, and how he was king of the mountain.

Many of the smaller cats despised him, for every week he would walk to each cat dwelling and demand of them a part of their food supply. Many cats attempted to revolt against him, but they all failed.

No one could defeat him, and soon he had had a litter of kittens with a poor female cat who had the displeasure of being their mother. There were six of them: Castor, Alexander, Mires, Lyne, Reina, and Alastair. Five of these cats were ruthless, dictating bigots like their father. But one was different. He was what one might call the runt of the litter.

This cat, Alastair, was not kind, exactly, but he was not savage like the others. He truly cared for certain individuals. One of them was Milk.

When Sacribe died of old age, Alastair seized the opportunity and escaped the mountain range, never looking back.

It was then that he had many adventures that the normal cat would not have. When he was getting old, he met Milk, just a kitten, alone, abandoned by his mother.

He took him in, caring for him as if he was his own.

Once, on a cloudy day, Milk's mentor took him to a cave. All he told Milk was to remember the location of it, never entering to find what was inside. And so his mission was for Milk to keep the cave a secret until "the time was right." When that was, Milk did not know.

A few days later the mentor died of old age, and so Milk, still very small, was once again all alone.

That was, until, a woman had found him on a particularly squalid street, wet and slippery from the rain.

And so Milk had many more adventures with the woman he called owner, friend, mother.

But Milk should have known from the very beginning of that relationship, that they never last forever.