Marco

It was on a rainy Sunday that Milk had slipped from the railing that surrounded his human's terrace. He fell many stories down, into a large rose bush. He struggled to escape the prickly thorns, but only succeeded in allowing more to pierce into his skin. The rain was getting heavier.

Milk struggled and struggled, but could not succeed in escaping the rose bush. Many minutes passed, until a pair of clammy hands wrapped themselves around Milk, and pulled him out. Milk could not see the owner of those hands, as the rain was coming down harder than ever. The human held him for a few seconds, then started to run. Milk was too tired to resist.

On and on the human ran. It seemed like an hour before they reached a small house. The human walked up the steps to the porch, and turned the knob on the splintered door.

The human walked into a cramped living room. They then carried Milk up a set of creaking stairs into a hallway. The human walked through the hallway to a room to the right, and entered.

The room was very small. It had a small table, and a bed. The human walked over to the table and set Milk down. Milk turned to look at the human; it was a small boy. He wore a yellow raincoat, and had a large poof of black hair. The boy could only be around six or seven.

He took off his raincoat and dropped it to the floor. The boy moved closer to the desk to look at Milk.

"It's okay, I can understand you!"

Milk thought that this was quite a peculiar thing to say to a cat. He stared at the boy for a second.

"It's true!" He exclaimed. "My name is Marco, and I can speak the language of animal!" He started to make an array of strange sounds, including one that sounded like that of a donkey and a whale. Milk thought that he might as well play along. He started to cry in pain, so as to bring the attention of the boy to the thorns stuck in Milk's fur.

"You're distressed aren't you?!" He yelled. "Aha! It must be because you miss your cat friends, isn't it?!"

Stupid kid, thought Milk.