Chapter Nine

Anna walked around her desk. She had to see if Evelyn was okay. She had to see. Jack was still asleep, and snoring. Anna sighed. Reader, what would you do if you had a younger sister who avoided contact with you?

You would feel lonely, yes?

That's not what Anna feels. She feels sad, and ashamed.

Meanwhile, Evelyn was still sleeping. Tyler was also sleeping. Everyone was sleeping, but Anna.

Anna decided to make an orb. With type 6, she could only snap or clap.

She made a orb and watched Eve.

About half an hour later, Anna saw that Evelyn, opened her eyes just a fraction. Anna decided to pop in, and so she did.

Evelyn screamed.

''Sister! How dare you pop in like that!'' Evelyn shouted.

''You can't avoid contact with me forever, Eve! I know that you've been hanging out with a man named Tyler! You should be married by now!'' Anna sat on the edge of Eve's bed, chin held high.

''Well, you're acting like my mother! I'm past the age eighteen! Seriously, Anna! I could kill you right now!''

Anna stopped. Would her own sister actually kill her?

''W-Well I could kill you too. Just with a snap or a clap.''

''I could kill you with my mind!''

''Hmmph!'' Anna grunted, childishly. She crossed her arms.

''Do you want anything to eat, Anna?'' Evelyn changed the subject.

''Sure, I want soup.''

''Sure, Anna.'' Eve got dressed and before she could go out her room, Anna got a pillow.

And threw it right at her face.

''Chop chop! I am hungry.'' Eve went and made magical soup, with her magic, of course. But she made her own breakfast with her hands.

''Here you go. Enjoy.''

Eve and Anna had just went over a Koto rule. They fought, and then became nice. They were sent back to The Kingdom of Koto, at the breakfast table. Princess gasped.

The Queen loved soup. She loved it so much, that the cook had to make it every meal.

But even the rats loved soup. A rat named Brianscuro, went up to the Queen's bowl of soup. He took a couple of appreciative sips. Meanwhile, Princess watched the rat.

''ANNA! THERE IS A RAT IN YOUR SOUP!''

Everyone could hear her even through all the noise. The Queen looked down at her soup. She screamed, a sound between the neigh of a horse and a squeal of a pig. She flung her spoon in the air.

''There's a rat in my soup!''

The Queen flung her chair backwards.

She died as she lived.

King Jack didn't want to be foolish. He did not want to be like the King in the story of Desperaux. What happened to Chiaroscuro was happening to Brianscuro. King Jack didn't order the rats in all the land, to be killed. He didn't order anything. In fact, what actually happened was that he killed himself by believing this was real.

Princess looked at his dead self. All the servants cleaned up the mess.

Reader, the Queen was really a simple soul, when she wasn't around Eve. She always thought everything wasn't very important, always, simple.