Chapter Two

Reader, in this chapter, you will find a surprise heading your way.

Evelyn woke up to a startle. The startle was her alarm clock. Anna had woken up before her.

As she walked to school, she thought about what would happen if she told people her talent.

And, like always, she agreed with herself to not tell anyone.

It was only 8:39 when she got to the lineup. She had no friends, however. She does not envy other people, too. She stares at them in disgust.

But one thing she doesn't know, is that her classmate, Josh Tillie, likes her. Hes the most popular person in the school, but that's just his acting. His real self is sweet and kind. He has a crush on Eve.

Eve felt someone staring at her. She turned around, to see no one looking at her. It was Josh, but she didn't know. She waited until the bell rang.

*               *

Eve waited until she was sure that no one was watching her. She tip-toed into the music room, and sat on the piano bench. She played a very, smooth, elegant piece by Beethoven.

*              *

However, Josh wasn't leaving yet. He had heard some music coming from the music room, and he had about half an hour until his father was going to pick him up. Josh also tip-toed to the music room, and hid behind the door. What he saw, was Eve, playing the piano smoothly. What he saw, was his crush playing the beautiful melody Beethoven had made.

He melted, and he stepped forward to the piano. He leaned on the piano with his right hand.

However, this did not go un-noticed by Eve. She looked at the hand, connected with a body. She kept on playing until the end, and then she stood up, and faced Josh.

She had a horrified expression. And then, she fainted. In Josh's arms. The ambulance quickly came, and she was sent to the hospital. Josh was very worried.

When Eve was finally awake, two days later, Josh went to the hospital, and saw her lying on the bed, staring at him, from his head, to toe. Josh smiled at her. Eve tried to smile, but failed miserably, making a frown.

''Hi. I saw you playing the piano. Your playing is great.'' Josh complimented. Eve couldn't smile. She thought no one knew about her in the school.

''U-uh t-thanks, J-Josh...'' She stuttered. How am I so stupid, she thought.

''Why did you look at me that way? Don't lie to me, I know when you are lying.'' He surprised Eve, and Eve couldn't believe her ears. Josh, wanted her to tell the truth, that she has been hiding for five years! She sighed and gave in.

''Fine, I will tell you the truth. At five years old, I found out my gifted talent was Piano, but I kept it a secret until now. Even from Anna, my sister. After school, I would play piano with sorrow in the music room. I would stay for about half an hour. My sister thinks that half an hour after the real home time is the real home time, which is wrong. I'm sorry. But I thought everyone left the school before playing!'' She told the truth in one breath. Josh was understanding.

''My talent is duet. It's where I can do a duet very easily, and once I know how the duet goes, I can play it perfectly. But no one knows that too. So, we are alike.''Josh said.

''C-can you promise to not tell anyone? Please, I want to be like Beethoven one day.'' Eve said, surprising Josh.

''You're already like Beethoven. You play even better than him. Seriously, if you were about twenty right now, and I was a judge, and you just played the piano, I would immediately make you a musician.'' Josh said, very sweetly. Eve thought, that she was falling in love with this guy. At first sight, but she always told herself to stay under the popularity.