Prologue

Reader, this is the story of Evelyn Marie. Enjoy.

When She Was Five Years Old...

Evelyn ran into the music room, carefully, so nothing would topple. Anna followed her closely. Anna is 9, in this time period, and Eve is 5.

Evelyn slowed down and followed Anna. Anna's talent, is the flute. When you get a talent, you instantly know how to do something professionally. Anna went over to the flute section, and bought a black, shiny clean one.

''Sister, why can't I have a instrument?'' Evelyn bounced up and down, but not getting other customers attention. Anna looked at her as they looked around.

''You don't have a talent yet, Eve. You can look around, we're rich, I know, but until you have a talent, tell me. I will buy it. Our family has the music talent. Just look around, I'll follow you.'' Anna explained. And of course, they are rich. When their parents died, Anna found all their money and kept it safe. She was smart like that.

''Okay. I want to look over there,'' Eve pointed to the guitars and pianos. ''You can look at the other stuff.'' She pointed to the strings, and music books, along with every other instrument. Anna went over there, and Eve went to the piano section.

But what did she expect when she saw the most beautiful, shiny, black piano ever? She expected to run her small fingers over the smooth surface, but in reality, she had sat down and started to play Fur Elise.

Customers heard it, and watched her. They watched amazed, at how smooth her fingers moved from one key to another. However, Anna thought it was a professional playing it.

When she finished, she took a bow, and the customers clapped, and some gave her money. Eve went to her sister, and saw her looking at a violin. She was looking at the strings, plucking them.

Eve poked her. ''Sister, can we go now?'' She hid the money in her pocket. Anne nodded, and they went home using bus.

Eve put her money in her piggy bank, and then Anna played the flute. It was soft, and it was like a river, flowing.

Since then, Eve thought that was her talent. And when she joined school, she would wait until no one was in hearing range, and she played the piano, alone, in the dark. At school.

Wait, is that what I hear, reader? I hear people saying, what a sad beginning this is. Well this is sad. But eventually, it will end happily. Or will it?