Chapter Six

10 Years Later......

Evelyn looked at the piano, and then back at Anna's old flute. She then sat on the porch, watching the rain fall, one by one, smoothly.

But all of a sudden, a bright light opened, and Eve was sucked in. She went through swirls of orange, pink and red. Then she was at Koto, and took her royal transformation.

''Very well done. You had not expected a thing, right, Evelyn?''Eve looked up to see her sister. She was thirty.

''I don't think she expected it. She was listening and watching the rain fall.''A dark, masculine voice boomed over. Eve saw a tall, man holding hands with Queen Anna. He wore a king outfit, making him look like a freak.

''Sister, what is going on? Who's that freak?''The Queen gasped.

''What freak? He's my husband, Jack Fillmond. Eve, meet him. Please be nice to him. I met him when you went back, and we married when I was 26, and that was four years ago. Don't call him a freak, or weirdo. He's royalty now.''Eve gasped. She turned to Jack.

''Hi,''She glared at him. King Jack smiled.

''Anna, darling. She's such an angel! Is she our daughter?''King Jack asked Queen Anna.

''Oh no! She's my younger sister! If she was my daughter, she wouldn't be here!''The Queen told him. ''Eve, please go to your room. Jack and I need a talk. Not deadly serious, but a conversation. Goodbye.''The Queen pushed her in the direction of her room, and Princess hid in a corner, behind a plant, ready to eavesdrop. Queen Anna and King Jack went and sat down, and began a conversation.

''So, that was your little sister, am I correct? She looks very old...''King Jack told the Queen.

''She's twenty six, four years younger than me. Not old at all. If you call her old, then you're calling me old.''The Queen pointed out. ''Look, please don't hate her.''

''She hates me.''

''Very well. Please?''The Queen begged. The King sighed.

''Sure, but no promises.''The Queen sighed. It was no use. Loud bells began to ring. They headed to the dining room, and sat down.

''Dinner time.''Princess came and sat down, glaring at Queen Anna.

''I hate you. So why am I here again?''Princess asked. They began to eat.

''Your engagement.''Queen Anna told her.

''I thought we had discussed this already?''

''No. You are to be married tomorrow.''

''WHAT!?''Princess yelled. ''There is NO way I am marrying that jerk of a prince!''King Jack listened to their conversation, very interested.

''I am sorry, Eve. I really am sorry. But you have to marry him tomorrow. You have to get to know him, and then marry him. He’s already here, he has his own room. I’ll send you there.’’ Before Princess could deny, Queen Anna already snapped her fingers, making Princess be sent off to the Prince’s room. She stumbled in the door, and saw Prince Josh looking at her.

''Good afternoon, Princess.’’Prince Josh greeted. ‘'I see you are back. Now, do you see that we are engaged?''

‘’Josh,’’ She said in a harsh voice. ‘’I see you are back.  But I will not marry you. I know I am twenty six, for I am supposed to marry at this age, but I do not like you.’’ Princess told the Prince.

‘’Please note that I love you. Please, note it. I’ll wait for you forever.’’ The Prince said, romantically. Princess melted, for a second, and then came back to her senses.

‘' And I’ll hate you forever. I am going to ruin this wedding. I will have a plan set up. You are stupid, Josh. So that helps me. Your not very smart, and I am smart. So get ready, to have the love of your life disappear. Well not disappear, but for the wedding. Goodbye, Josh.’’ Princess clapped her hands, and she appeared outside the castle. She took off her crown and royalty stuff.

She looked around, and asked women her age, if they wanted to have an interview, and they could ask  Princess questions. She found a woman, who was her age, and was like her. She brought her back to Antonio’s old office, that was hers now. She made her sit down.

‘’What is your name?’’ Princess asked.

‘’Elizabeth. Elizabeth Maher.’’ Liz told her.

‘’Would you like to marry a Prince?’’

‘’Yes. That has been my dream since I remember. What is your name?’’

‘’Princess Evelyn. My surname is Marie. I do not have a middle name. Please do not call me Princess.’’

‘’Got it. ‘’

‘’Can you pretend to be me for one day? Tomorrow?’’

‘’Why, Pr- I mean, Eve?’’

‘’I have to marry a prince who I do not like tomorrow. His name is Josh. His talent is music duet. He is two years older than we are, twenty eight. Could you be there for the wedding until they finally notice that someone switched with me?’’

‘’I love that plan, but won’t I get sent to the dungeon?’’

‘’I don’t know. But if you do, we have great food down there. It gets served like, each half an hour, with a choice of drink. Deal?’’

‘’Deal.’’ Liz and Princess shook hands, and Liz still had a question. ‘’So when do I start?’’

‘’Now. We had been talking a long time, so I, also known as you, need to go to sleep. You will have to pretend to be me. So…goodbye. I’ll visit you when I think it is time.’’

‘’Goodbye, Eve.’’Liz curtsied, and went to bed. Eve sighed.

She snapped her fingers, and she appeared at her porch, at New France once again.

Reader, have I mentioned, that Evelyn is like a wizard now? She can do anything. 

Eve went to her secret room, and made a ball of green light.

Please, please tell me.

When the time has come,

Glow a fiery red,

When I do not have to,

Marry such a prince.

Eve’s magic was type 2. Type 1, was you had to rhyme so your spells work. Type 2, was you do not have to rhyme. Type 3, was you could do both. There is more types, reader, but I have to continue this lovely story.

The ball glowed more light, and she put it in a orb. She brought the orb beside her bed, and she went to bed.

This plan will work. My orb will glow a fiery red. Please, god. Make my wish come true. Eve thought positively. I will not fail.

And so, dear reader, she has made a plan. And Prince Josh is too dumb, to think of a plan.

Will she fail, or will she succeed?