Chapter Eight

Evelyn jumped up from her bed, startled by her phone. She picked it up.

Tyler Vanice.

She happily answered it.

''Hey Ty. What's up?''

''Oh nothing, just wanted to know if you woke up yet.'' Eve looked at the time.

''Seriously, it is only seven!''

''I like to wake up early.'' Tyler chuckled.

''Well I'm not. You could come over to my place, if you want.'' Eve prayed for him to come.

''I don't have work to do, and I don't have anything else to do. So, see you in five!'' Eve laughed.

''Sure.'' Tyler hanged up.

Five minutes later, Tyler parked in the driveway, and knocked on the door. As fast as her legs could go, she raced herself down to the door and flung it wide. She wore a happy grin.

''See who is happy now.'' Tyler said. Eve hugged him, and let go.

''What do you want to do?'' Tyler said, as they went up to her living room.

''Don't you have to write a song or a book?'' Eve sat on the couch. She backed away.

''Harsh much? I can write them whenever I want, but do you want to watch me?''

''No, I came here for fun,'' He lied on the couch silently for about five seconds, and then his eyes lit up. He sat straight. He screamed in a girl voice. ''I know what to do! Let's draw!''

''You sound like a girl.''

''We both sound like teenagers right now.''

''I agree. What do you want to draw? I'll get the paper while you think.'' She stood up and got back a couple pieces of wide, lengthened paper. She then sat down again, in front of the coffee table, which was covered in paper, and art tools.

''How about we have a drawing contest?'' Evelyn groaned.

''But I stink at drawing!'' Tyler rolled his eyes.

''Sure you do. Now, we are going to draw, a girl laying on a field of grass. It's a sunny day, and there are daisies on the field. Now, BEGIN!'' Once he shouted begin, they started drawing.

About after an hour or two of sketching, making details, coloring, painting, and doing art, Eve just made an masterpiece. Tyler, on the other hand, thought she was more worse than him, and he drew a cartoon piece, which was normal.

He was the worlds worse artist. 

Tyler gaped at Eve's artwork. He stuttered.

''H-How did y-you make it look s-so real!?''

''It doesn't look real. It looks far worse than yours does.''

''You have to be kidding me. Compare mine to yours.''

Eve compared them together, and sighed.

''Fine, I admit, I'm a good artist.''

''A great one, indeed. You should show this on the Internet.''

''No way. All my life I wanted to do that, but I can't allow myself to do that. It's against rules of my family.''

''You don't have family anymore. Remember? Starting with your parents, to grandparents, and so on. The only family member you have is your sister. If she dies, then you die, your family will be extinct.''

''Extinct? What a good choice of words.''

''Let's go eat. I'm hungry.'' Tyler changed the subject.

Tyler left at five. Eve had every social network he had, and she followed him. Just as Eve was about to sleep, Tyler posted something that was posted on every network possible.

''My new friend, writer and songwriter, Evelyn Marie and I made a drawing contest. Look at her drawing compared to mine!''

It showed a picture of Evelyn's artwork. Eve looked at it. It had more than a million likes and comments. Most of them said something nice.

''Is Eve actually your friend, Ty? You can't be serious!'' Art judge, Nina Yanoskili asked.

''I am. She feels normal being friends with me. Go to her page, she will talk to you in a couple minutes.'' Tyler replied to the person. Ty knew when Eve would be on.

Nina, still not believing him, went to Eve's page, and she posted something.

''Evelyn, is Tyler Vanice your friend? Did you draw that?''

Evelyn, being Evelyn, commented on the post.

''Yes, Tyler Vanice is a friend of mine. Yes, I did draw that.''

''Welcome to the final rounds. I mean, you are a artist now. Please meet me at Susuki's Art Studio, please. You HAVE to be a artist!''

''I am sincerely sorry, but I am already a songwriter and author. I am quitting one of my jobs soon though.''

''Just meet me. I'd like to be your friend.''

Evelyn agreed, and she went to the Art Studio. There she saw a young woman her age, slim and tall, just like her.

''Are you Evelyn Marie? I have been expecting you.''

''Yes.''

''Sit down.'' Eve sat down on one of the chairs, and the young woman sat on the chair behind the desk. ''My name is Nina Yanoskili.''

''Okay.''

''Are you interested in being an artist?''

''Yes, it has been a childhood fantasy since I have been born, but that has lasted until I was five.''

Nina wrote something down each time she spoke.

''Interesting. I am going to ask you some really childish questions, and some mature ones. So, what is your favourite color?'' Eve laughed.

''Blue, because it symbols water and the sky.'' Eve responded.

''How much do you weigh?'' Nina asked.

''About a hundred twelve pounds.''

''Okay, what languages do you know?'' Nina asked, again.

''A couple. Spanish, French, English, of course, and I am currently learning Chinese.''

''Ah, how smart are you. I will talk to you tomorrow, so meet me here tomorrow at five. I will be looking forward to our conversation.'' Nina stood up.

''Okay, I'm quitting being an author today. I have like ten books, and I can't have that career too long. Bye, Nina.'' Evelyn stood up and went home.

Evelyn and her publisher, and the people she works for, had a dicussion. She wasn't an author anymore, but her books were still as famous as ever. 

Evelyn decided to sleep early and wake up early the next day, but after she made a wish to the first star she saw tonight.

Reader, surely you want me to say what her wish was, but it never comes true if you tell somebody!