Chapter One

Five Years Later...

Reader, she never told anyone, even her sister. Reader, she is 10 years old.

Eve woke up, disturbed by Anna, trying to hurry for school. Eve looked at her clock.

8:30

She groaned. She had to be by school in fifteen minutes! How late she is!

She dressed up, in jeans and a thin black and white, long, sleeved shirt. She went and combed her hair, brushed her teeth, washed her face, and took a piece of bread, quickly chewing it.

''Bye Anna! I'm late!'' Anna nodded her head, and Eve rushed out of the door with her bread still sticking out her mouth a bit. ''Darn. It's 8:42. I still have three minutes, until my teacher marks me late!'' She looked at her watch. Anna, wanted her to have good grades, and never be late. But she was breaking the promise. She hopped on her bike, and rode as fast as she could.

She got there exactly at 8:45. She quickly locked her bike, and went in the school.

All the students were in classes, and she had to walk down the hallway. When she peeked in her classroom, Ms. Red was already asking her name.

''Evelyn?'' Ms. Red called out. ''Does anyone know shes absent or late?'' The students shook their heads, and Eve took that moment to burst in.

''I am so sorry, Ms. Red! I slept through my alarm!'' Eve put her stuff in the cloak room, and sat down at her desk.

''I shall forgive you, but do not be late next time.''

*       *

It was the end of school, and she waited until she didn't see any people, in hearing range.

She went to the music room and sit on the piano bench. She just started Circus Galop, and soon followed by Death Waltz. Those were the hardest songs she knew.

However,  as she played, she was thinking.

I'm lonely, She thought. I don't have friends, and I refuse to have friends.

She spent about half an hour just playing piano.

Eve packed up, and went to her bike. She sat on the seat, and hurried home. Anna was eating a pizza slice.

''Welcome home, Eve. You can eat pizza.'' Anna greeted her. Eve put her stuff in her room, and sat down at the table, and started stuffing her face with pizza.

''What are we doing this evening?'' Eve asked. They always came up with ideas, since they were bored, after homework.

''Do you have homework?'' Anna asked. Eve had no homework. She always finished it at school.

''No. You?''

''Nope.'' She popped the 'P'. ''I was thinking of getting more healthy. I want to visit your school and run around it, with you as much as we can.''

''Okay.'' And then, they went to Eve's school and ran.

They didn't stop. But when they finally got tired, they did a total of 15 laps.

They jogged, ran, and fastwalked. But never walked.

They went home and rested. Eve took a breath to talk to Anna about her talent, but she didn't want to. Besides, Anna fell asleep on the couch. Eve got a blanket and lied it over her. She then went upstairs to sleep.

And so, since then, her talent was Piano, but reader, she never told anyone.