Chapter 2: Small Town Boy Part 2

🏃Clark's POV🏃

Five months later.....

I stared up at the cloudy sky and sighed.

It seemed as if I would have to sit in the rain again.

Though I was fortunate in the sense that it was September and it seemed as though Summer would stretch into fall and we wouldn't have to worry about winter so soon. But that didn't mean the cold or rainy nights weren't just as cold or rainy. And I still had to figure out how to dry my clothes without spending all the money I got that day. Plus this was Canada we were talking about. The weather is pretty unpredictable.

Being on the streets sucked.

I would've hoped my first time seeing Toronto would be in a nice hotel or walking around with some friends.

Not seeing it from a beggers point of view.

But now I am here, begging on the street and hoping no one would take too much interest in me,

Or anything I had.

Or decide that they didn't want me on this street.

I was brought out of my head when a man tripped over my foot causing him fall down on the concrete.

"God! I'm so sorry!" I said while getting up and noticing that my voice sounded scratchy from what sounded like an oncoming cold.

"Let me help you." I offered, reaching my hand out for him to take.

The whole time I was talking he was letting out a string of mumbled curse words but once I was done he took my hand and got up.

"It's fine." He sighed while putting on a tired smile. "I wasn't paying attention."

Wow, this guy is pretty cute. I thought.

"Ok then." I said before awkwardly sitting down and looking away from the cute stranger.

Instead of walking away like I thought he would he just stood there staring at me.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"What?" I blurted out in surprise.

"How old are you. You look way too young to be out here by yourself." He stated, surprising me.

"Sixteen." I said.

"Why aren't you in some house for teens?" He asked.

I stayed quiet, not wanting to answer him.

He looked away from me and stayed silent for a moment before letting out a deep sigh.

"Get up." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"Get up. Your coming with me." He said with authority in his voice.

"I can't go with you, I don't even know if I can trust you." I argued.

"Do you want to finally shower and have a decent meal to eat or are you happy sleeping here?" He asked.

I stared at him in shock but still stood up anyway.

He turned to start walking but I grabbed his arm to stop him.

"You have to at least tell me your name." I said.

"Ethan Sterling." He told me.

"Clark Robinson." I told him.

"Nice to meet you." He said with a smile.