Why is she acting this way ?

I think it's best to let her be on her own right now and I still have some things left to be done.

***

After finally finishing my project design  and reply to some emails, I decide that it's best to take a break, and my stomach seems to agree with me as well.

so I decide to get downstairs and walk to the dining room, since I haven't really had dinner yet since I was so worried.

And I'm sure she hasn't as well, maybe I should get a maid to deliver some food to her later on.

I sit in one of the chair and when I look around, I realize it's just me and a few maids around, and the whole dining table is filled with food but there are no one else filling the dining chairs other than me, and it feels really empty somehow.

Alan should have been asleep already by now and Destiny... she needs some time alone, though I haven't figured out the reason behind her sudden strange behavior.

For real

Did I do anything wrong ?

Maybe it was my words ? Or perhaps my attitude ?

Maybe she is upset because I travel a lot and rarely stay at home ?

Argh, it's frustrating. And I am making such a huge fuss about it to the point I am ashamed of myself.

The dinner made by a top chef just doesn't taste as delicious as her cooked food are, and it makes me lose my appetite, so after trying to swallow things to simply stray my hunger, I decide to take a walk around, and to free my mind from all the stress from today.

When I step in front of Alan's bedroom, I see the light is still on, so I slowly open it and see Alan sitting on his bed, with a story book on his hand, something he rarely does.

"What are you doing ? Why aren't you asleep yet ?" I approach him and decide to take a sit beside him.

And Alan points at me with his book.

"Mama usually reads bed time stories for me before putting me off to bed, so why hasn't she done that today ?"

I look at him and I see a genuine sadness somehow. He doesn't understand, just like I do.

I sigh and pat his back.

"Mama is not feeling that well today, so she can't ready you bedtime stories today, and I don't think I can do it as well, you know I am not good at these kinds of things"

Alan stares at me with his round eyes. As if he is trying to look through me.

"Is mama sick ?"

I try to force a weak smile, shake my head, and he asks again

"Did you have adult fights with her ?"

Once again, I shake my head.

"No, that is impossible, Papa loves Mama, and I wouldn't purposely try to hurt her"

And he asks again, one more time

"So why isn't she here ?"

I truly cannot answer that, and I just sigh in defeat.

"Just go to bed for now okay" I try to be a little bit closer to him as father and son, but somehow, something just doesn't click in this whole situation.

I cover his body with the blanket and I put the book back at where it belongs to, in the shelf.

With one last good night sentence, I rise from the bed and walk toward the outside.

After Turning off the light on his room, I slowly close the door and sigh.

I think it's better if I go to sleep now as well, after all, I will be really busy tomorrow and I need to focus on works as well. My staff and the others would be upset if I don't concentrate on the presentation tomorrow.

When I open the door of my room, I notice that Destiny isn't sleeping in the bed like usual. She must have slept in the guest room she entered earlier.

With heavy steps, I walk toward the bed. And as I try to lay down, I feel emptiness. Destiny is not sleeping beside me and it makes me feel like something is missing, and I hate this kind of feeling.

I, Stefano Capello, has never experienced such a feeling before.

I used to be okay of sleeping alone, I prefer it over sleeping with someone. And I used to be so independent, and I would never rely on anyone for my dear life.

But now, without Destiny by my side, without having her tiny arms on mine, her beautiful face near mine, and without smelling her calming floral scent beside me as I fall asleep, I just can't relax and feel at ease.

I feel like I am about to have a nightmare.