⊰21⊱

🌹 

I woke up this evening without being harassed to start whatever meaningless task that had been assigned to me. My eyes are transfixed on my reflection after taking my shower and changing, almost as though I had not moved from this spot all day. I can't shake the feelings coursing through my body, the scar lingering still. Maybe there was just some part of me that thought sleeping would cause it to go away, but it didn't.

In fact...it is far more noticeable.

Sighing in defeat, I grip the counter top edge. Even after using the salve five separate times...It won't go away...

What is Aohdan going to say?

What is he going to do when he sees it?

My stomach does flipflops at the mere thought of this psycho's reaction. After everything that happened last night, I'm not even sure what to think anymore.

I can't hide it...

Instead of pulling my hair back tight, I let it down, concealing the mark. I might get in trouble for not wearing it up per our wonderful and strict dress code, but at least it might save me from unwanted looks until I can find a better way to hide it.

I had already checked for make up concealer, but we are not provided any. In the short time I've been here, I have seen that the love slaves are required to wear make up and look their absolute best at all times. If I sneak a quick conversation with one, they just might allow me access their supply for awhile.

Walking out of the gray-stained bathroom door and closing it behind me, I move toward the bedroom door. Once I reach for the brass handle, I stop. Remembering Aohdan's order, I can't leave this room until he says I can.

What am I supposed to do? Sit here?

I need that make up...

Someone is going to question my hair being down...is it worth the risk of potentially being caught?

Yes.

I'll face worse scrutiny if I'm seen with the bite mark. Either way, I'm screwed. Might as well try and fix the issue the only practical way.

Taking a deep breath, I twist the handle, poking my head out into the corridor and glancing the only direction I can travel. To my right, the lights illuminate the hallway, noticing out of the corner of my eye the door to the male slaves' room opening suddenly.

Why is it that I expected to see Warren?

It isn't him through, but one of the men who sat with him before at breakfast. His blue eyes cast me a glance before he steps into the hallway and silently shuts the door.

I ask, "Hey...is Warren still...in the dungeon?"

The male turns his eyes away from me, walking down the hallway like he'd heard nothing. Confusion and slight anger rose to the surface when I quickly dart after him. My hand grabs his arm and he turns around to just stare at me again.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" I ask. I hear him inhale and then sigh without a word. He shakes his head and pulls his arm from out of my grasp.

"Rude..." my voice trails off, thinking how odd the encounter was. Ignoring him, I move through the halls carefully, taking my time around the corners to make sure I don't run into Aohdan.

One on one...give me a weapon and this time you won't get the chance to overpower me.

There are whispers coming from two hallways that branch off at the fork. One of the voices sounds an awful lot like Sidney's. I stand there, quietly listening as she says, "Why didn't Rochelle tells us?!"