Chapter 8 - Stalkers & Love

Chapter 8

Previously On "The Cure"

I know that neither Ken nor Ryan would share my identity. And I wouldn't be in any of Ken's videos so I was safe at that point.

Nothing to worry about. I hope.

And So It Continues...

•Kate's POV•

I heard some mumbling as I woke up. I kept my eyes closed, because I wanted to know what was going on.

"Shut up Ken," I heard Ryan whisper. I wonder what they were talking about. I heard the movie in the background, so I hadn't been asleep long.

"But you two look so cute together!" Ken whispered. I had to stop their bickering. I thought of a perfect idea.

"You know that whispering is more likely to wake up the person than talking," I said. I opened my eyes to see that Ken was walking out of the room. I looked at Ryan, and I I was snuggled into his chest. He had his arm around me; embarrassing.

"Oh I'm sorry," I said. I started to get off him, and he put his arm to his side. The movie had just ended; amazing  timing. Ryan looked at me and I looked at him.

"Did you mean it when you said that my eyes sparkle?" I asked lightly. He nodded slowly. It took me a moment to realize that he was really close to my face.

For the third time, his lips were about to meet mine. Than realization hit me. He likes me. The amazing Cry likes me!!! He has tried to kiss me three times already. But the question remains.

Do I like him back? Of course I do! Do I have a celebrity crush on him? Does he have a celebrity crush on me?

I read something about this online. If its a celebrity crush, there won't be sparks. There's only one way to find out right? So when he was two inches away, I started to lean forward.

"WOAH!" Someone screamed. Ryan and I pulled back immediately. I was embarrassed, so I hid my rosy cheeks in my knees. Third interruption in a row; wow.

The one who shouted was Ken. He has ultimate fail timing!!! "What do you need Ken?" I asked him.

"Uh. I'm sorry to intrude. Please finish your business. When your done Ryan, meet me in the computer room. I looked at Ryan, who nodded, and when he looked at me, I blushed even more.

Ryan got up and walked to where Ken went. My phone started to vibrate. I looked the caller ID; blocked number. I answered it anyway.

"Hello?" I asked the phone. I was nervous. I rarely get blocked numbers.

"Hello? Is this Kate?" A deep voice asked. Ok now I was really scared, this always happens in the movies. The person will get a call, the caller tells them they're going to die, the person does indeed die.

"Yes. Is this batman?" I asked sarcastically.

"No sweetheart. I'm not batman," the guy said. "I'm the last person you're ever going to see alive." Ok I'm freaked out. Maybe it's a prank. Yeah it has to be a prank. The guy on the phone either has a deep voice or he's using a voice changer.

"Why are you pranking me?" I asked knowingly. This guy is stupid of he thinks he's going to prank me.

"I'm serious babe. I'm looking through your friend's window now. You look as pretty as ever darling Kate," he said. Ok he is really scaring me. But I need to act calm.

"Ok well just know I'm tracking your phone as we speak. And I'm going to call the cops on this number," I said. I wasn't really tracking his number, I was just bluffing. I left the room to look like I was tracking.

"Open any window on the fort floor. I'll slip a note in so you know I'm not pranking you. But you better be careful. I'm out to kill you," he said.

"No deal," I said. I wasn't going to open a window to let a murderer inside the house. I don't want to die today. "Goodbye." I hung up. I put my phone into my pocket and tried to find Ryan and Ken.

I lightly knocked on the door and Ryan answered it. He put a finger to his lips and motioned for me to keep my head down and follow him. We sat on the floor next to the desk Ken was at.

I took out my phone and went into the notepad app.

"Hey. What's happening?" I typed.

"He's recording. And I'm sorry about earlier," He typed.

"What do you mean? What happened earlier?" I typed.

"Can we continue this outside?" He typed. I nodded ad we left the room. We walked into the living room, and we faced each other.

"I'm sorry that we keep getting interrupted," he said.

"All the interruptions are gone right now. You have an open opportunity," I said. He smiled and put his hands on my arms. We looked into each others eyes.

He leaned forward slowly and I decided this was taking to long. (AN: Drumroll please! The moment you  have all been waiting for!)

I leaned forward a little faster than him. Our lips met and fireworks went off in my mind. We broke apart after a few seconds, and we just stared at each other with huge smiles.

I looked behind him after a minute, and my smile instantly vanished. There he was. The man who wants to murder me. He was standing outside the window.

Staring at us.