23

I opened the door, setting my stuff down quietly. I gathered myself, wiping away the black tears. I sniffled closing the door behind me. The room was dark, leaving me unfazed. I knew my way around, I mean, I only grew up here.

I grabbed the baggage, dragging it across the floor to the staircase.
"Hey, I didn't even hear you come in. Let me get that for you."

"Why are you up? Why are you here? It's like 2 in the morning. Don't you have work tomorrow?"

"Mom texted me and told me you were coming. She didn't tell me why, just that you sounded upset. So I called in sick and came over to wait for you." She explained as we walked up the staircase.

"Oh, I see." I nodded, even though she probably couldn't see me.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked as we entered my room.

I flicked on the light, seeing her naked face. "Sure." I half smiled.

"Ok." She smiled, kissing the side of my head and leaving me to be alone.

I sighed deeply, closing the door behind her. I rolled my bags into the corner, falling soflty back onto the bed. I thought about the painful hours before, tearing up.

I rolled onto my side seeing a picture of us. I reached for my nightstand and turned it face down. I turned the lights off, not bothering to change into something more comfy.

I fiddled with the zipper on my nike sweatshirt, loosing track of time and dozing off.

*

I woke up the next morning, feeling sick. Not nauseous but disgusted. It hadn't hit me until late last night before I fell asleep that my life was declining rapidly.

My past depression creeped up on me, bringing back painful memories. I got up grabbing my toothbrush and toothpaste from my carry-on and locked my door, entering my bathroom and doing my normal routine. After I was finished I walked slowly back out and unlocked my door, finding myself completely alone.

I went downstairs grabbing a whole bunch of food and going back into my room. I locked the door behind me, plopping back down onto my bed.

Later that night

Deja's pov

"Sarah, please open the door." I knocked violently.

"Go away."

"Please?"

"Please Deja, just go away." She pleaded.

"You've been in there all day." I leaned my head against the white door.

"No, I was out this morning."

"Everyone's asking for you. Mom is worried about you." I told her.

"Tell her I'm fine. I'm done talking."

She's so goddamn stubborn. The doorbell rang catching my attention. I skipped steps down to the first floor, swinging the door open.

"Where is she?" He asked frantically.

Sarah's pov

I sat in my bed, every possible light on, tears streaming down my face as I forced myself to look at the picture of Gabriel and I. It was 9:53 p.m. and I had been crying off and on since this morning.
I stuffed another chip into my mouth, chewing slowly. There was another knock on my door.

"Deja, I said go away!" I screamed.

The door handle jiggled before it swung open revealing Jack in a white dress shirt with the sleeves sloppily rolled up past his elbows with faded dark blue jeans and a pair of Vans.

"Jack." I breathed wiping the tears away.

He closed and locked the door behind him, kicking off his shoes and walking towards me. He dropped the metal skeleton key on my stand, sitting down and looking me in the eyes.

He took my hand into his, caressing the back of my palm. I watched him lift my hand to his mouth and kiss it gently. That simple gesture sent chills running down my spine. His eyes reconnected with mine making me feel weak.

I turned off every light except one, making it more comfortable to look at him. 

I couldn't contain myself. I was an emotional wreck. It was slow at first but the pain in my chest grew and I let the salty tears fall, free rein. He pulled me to his chest, resting his chin on my head.

After a few minutes of me crying nonstop, I calmed myself enough to be normal. I sat back in my previous spot, just staring at Jack.

"I can't believe you're here." I smiled, wiping under my eyes.

"Deja called and I was in town so it was convenient." He wiggled his still perfect eyebrows."

I playfully pushed him a little, sniffling. "Right."

"What happened?"

I took a deep breath swallowing the lump in my throat as I pulled out my phone. I opened Instagram pulling up the picture. I turned my phone showing Jack. His eyes grew wide and he nodded telling me he understood.

I set it down on the nightstand, laying down fully. Jack came beside me, facing towards me. I looked into his chocolate irises, losing myself like I always did when I looked into his eyes. My eyes flickered to his plump lips then back up to his face.

He moved a piece of hair behind my ear, resting his hand on my cheek. He rubbed the skin with his thumb, looking at my lips.

I moved closer, resting my head under his chin and laying my hand on his chest. I closed my eyes, feeling safe and secure in his arms. He wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me closer and resting his hand on my lower back.

I tilted my head back, looking at him. "I missed you Jack."

"I missed you too Sarah." He smiled.

I put my chin on his, laying my head on the fluffy white pillow. We looked into each other's eyes for what seemed to be hours. No interruptions, only the faint sound of Die For You by The Weeknd playing in the background.

He moved his head down, his lips barely touching mine. I filled the space kissing him softly. Our lips moved in perfect sync, leaving me breathless. I brought my hand up to his face, sliding it up to his hair and tangling my fingers into his thick brown locks.

I climbed on top of him, moving my other hand to his cheek. His hands taveled down the arch of my back and rested on my ass, pulling me up slightly. I bit his bottom lip softly, earning a subtle groan.

His chest vibrated on mine sending vibrations all over my body. There was a slight buldge growing in his pants causing me to smile to myslef. He flipped us so that he was on top. I let out a soft moan as he traveled down my neck.

There was knock on the door followed by a soft voice. Jack quickly fell to my side, laying a blanket over us.

"Yes?" I croaked as Jack slid his hand under the blanket and into my pants.

"Are you ok?" My mom asked through the door.

"You're so wet." Jack smirked as his hand traveled lower. I held onto his forearm firmly, squinting my eyes and glaring at him.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Ok, well we're going to bed. See you tomorrow. I love you." My mom said before leaving. I checked the time astonished at what I saw. 11:36 already.

"You're all mine now." Jack smirked before reconnecting his lips to mine before I could even reply.

I smiled, kissing back with the same amount of force and passion. I could get used to this.

{Vote, Comment, Share}

eeeeeeeeeee!!!! I'm happy with this :)

- $HMONEY