18

The sight of the test caught me off guard, but then he spoke and I was completely taken aback.

"J-jack?" I spoke, completely out of it.

"Sarah, did you hear what I said? I want you back. I miss you."

"How did you get my number?" I scrambled to pick up all of the tests.

"You never changed your number and I had it memorized by heart." He explained.

"Jack, there's a lot of stuff going on right now. It's been four years. You can't just call me and tell me you want me back." I started to get teary-eyed.

"What's going on? Are you getting married or something?" He laughed nervously.

I didn't know what to say so I just stayed silent.

"Oh please Sarah, no. Tell me you're not getting married." He grew quiet.

"Jack-." I breathed.

"I don't know what to say. I didn't expect this call to go this way." He admitted.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"Why are you apologizing? You did nothing wrong. It was me. I thought you missed me too-.

"I do miss you Jack." I cut him off.

"Not like that Sarah." He sighed.

"Well in what way? Help me understand."

"I mean miss me like we would get back together, or something, I don't know. It was a stupid thought anyway. I have to go." He said before hanging up.

By this point the tears had left my eyes and traveled down my warm cheeks. I wiped them away and curled up on the floor. I sunk my head into my knees amd secured myself with my arms.

The front door slammed close. I was unfazed, my crying died down a smidge but not enough.

Gabriel raced into the room looking panicked. He jogged over to me sitting next to me on the cool tile floor.

"What's wrong baby?" He rubbed my back.

I calmed myself trying to speak clearly but it was no use. I pulled out the tests and handed him all of the positive results.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and examined his stunned face. There was little to no emotion on his face but his eyes, his eyes were full of love and excitement.

"Did you just take this?" His voice was shaky.

"About an hour ago." I sniffled, cracking a smile.

"I'm going to be a father." Was all he said before wrapping his strong arms around me.

We stood from the floor, both overpowered with joy. He picked me up spinning me around. I squealed wrapping my legs around his torso.

We spun a few times before exiting the bathroom and falling onto the bed. Our laughs were overpowering, filling the room from corner to corner.

"I'm hungry." I pouted.

"Then let's grab dinner." Gabriel said in a duh tone.

"Should I call our pizza place?" I asked.

"No, of course not. Let's go out. Somewhere fancy."

"Like?" I questioned.

"I don't know. Pick somewhere." Gabriel shrugged.

"Oleana." I smiled.

"Alright. Get your stuff together and I'll be downstairs by the time you're done." He smiled kissing me quickly before leaving me alone in the room.

I hopped up from the bed speed walking to the bathroom. I stripped of my clothes and stepped into the warm shower. I did my normal routine finishing fairly quickly.

I spread lotion all over my body, putting my matching olive green lace bra and panty set on. I shuffled to our joint walk-in closet sifting through my many dresses.

I pulled out my long sleeve, creme, skin tight dress and matching heels. I picked out some matching earings and a diamind studded choker, putting them on. I slid into my dress and heels, making my way back to the bathroom.

I found my ring sitting perfectly behind the sink. I smiled, sliding it onto my finger, admiring its perfect sparkle.

I dried my hair, curling it into tight curls. I proceeded to do my makeup keeping it 'simple'. It still took me about an hour.

I walked down the short staircase finding Gabriel sitting on one of the barstools, dressed in a pair of khaki pants that matched my dress and a white dress shirt. One side was tucked into his pants and the other wasn't. His sleeves were rolled up just below his elbow. Wow, he's hot.

"Ready my love?" He asked grabbing my hand into his.

"Yes, I am." I smiled, interlocking our fingers.

{Vote, Comment, Share}

Short-ish chapter, sorry. stAY TUNED. CHAP 20 IS FUCKING CRAYYYZZZZ

Thanks for 20k

-lyss