19

The plane ride home seemed faster than when I first flew to Massachusetts. But still, after many hours on a congested plane, I was restless.

"Ok, so mom said my car was parked somewhere around," I hit the panic button on my car keys causing a car three rows down to go off. "Here." I said.

When I called my mom she said that she was going to leave my car at the airport instead of picking us up because she thought that Gabriel and I could use some alone time, even though we're alone all the time.

I popped the trunk, stuffing my suitcase in first, followed by Gabriel's. He looked at me shooting me a smile and then leaving. I smiled to myself, shutting the trunk and heading for the driver's side. I opened the door sliding into the leather seat effortlessly.

"Home here we come." I let out a breath.

As we drove along the highway the car was completely silent except for the hushed music coming from the speakers.

"Have you told your mom yet?" Gabriel broke the silence.

"No. I purchased a card yesterday. It's totally random but it's about the baby." I shrugged looking at him quickly and then turning my attention back to the road.

"That's cute." He looked down at his phone.

I rolled my eyes, letting out a frustrated breath. He's alway on his phone, no matter where we are. And when I ask him kindly to put it away he always makes a scene.

I got off onto an exit, stopping at the bottom of the shallow hill. I looked to my left, looking for any cars. After the first two passed I went. I drove up a hill and took a couple turns before coming to the gate.

Earl was sitting down, reading some book. When he saw my headlights he stood, walking out of little building.

"How can I help you?" He walked up to the window.

"Hey Earl." I smiled.

"Sarah, hey, how are you?" He leaned against the door.

"I've been good. You look great, it's been a while. How's Marie and the kids?" I asked, genuinely interested.

"They're good. Hannah and Eddie moved out a couple of months ago, off to college, but little Jessimia is still hanging around." He chuckled.

"Oh good." I nodded. There was a faint noise behind me. I turned my head finding Gabriel looking suspiciously at the man leaning against my door.

"Oh, Earl, this is Gabriel, my fiancé." I smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Gabriel." He waved.

"You too sir." He smiled and waved back, immediately looking back down at his phone.

I looked back at Earl, rolling my eyes. "Well, I better get going, family's waiting for us." I lifted my brows smiling smugly.

"Yeah. Hey, tell Deja I said happy birthday." He backed away clicking the button that opened the gate.

"You won't be here?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Unfortunately, no. Jessimia has a dance recital." He pursed his lips to the side.

"Oh, no worries. We're leaving on the 5th."

"I'll be here."

"Good. Alright, catch you later."

"Wait." He stopped me.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Did you hear about Gilinsky?" He inquired.